Uber Drivers Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
In my history with Uber, I only received a Consecutive Rides Bonus ONCE in February 2021 that was 3 rides for $50. The weekly Quests I sporadically meet. I almost die trying to get 20 rides. Lyft is worse though. Their Ride Challenges and 3rides/$15 Bonus Streaks are a joke. I almost ALWAYS end up forfeiting the Streak because I get an obnoxious guest or their destination is at the end of the Earth, or just...something happens...I haven't been driving much anyway...don't need to...don't have to. I'm simply unmotivated with the lack of worthwhile monetary incentives, and I find myself cancelling a lot more rides due to bad rider attitudes. You know those before the trip starts...every rideshare driver does. I'm the driver that gets the "the other driver did it...they do it all the time" passengers who want me to violate policy. My acceptance rate is garbage...you think I'm going to deal with the double whammy of a low driver rating too? Nope. I take that fare hit and keep it moving. People seem to be a lot ruder, angrier, and unhappier in general. I don't want that to rub off too much, that's why I don't do pickups of the bar crowd anymore. They're no longer comical to me; they're obnoxious people that get on my nerves now. After so many drinks, I can feel myself leaning towards a bad mood. I don't have the temperament for those encounters anymore. I love my early morning work crowd and especially the red-eye airport destination passengers who almost always tip a nice $5-$25, sometimes giving a cash tip AND additional monies on the app! Cha-ching!馃
Great description of Rideshare !!!
Everything you said hit home !!!

Premium Member
I think every driver gets offers based on there unique individual status.
It seems the less you drive the better your offers.
Uber has retained my diamond status so I always know where I am going.
I have gold with Lyft that gives me my destination as well.
Lyft constantly changes rides and add rides on me. I lose my ability to filter rides when this happens.
Last Saturday Lyft added a ride that wanted to go to Manhattan a 3 hour ride.
I told the passenger I would take her to Stamford which was an hour and a half and she agreed.
Yeah I'm not a fan of lyft. I saw the destination filter and at least that works even if I can't see the trips info on acceptance, the trips at least head towards my desired location. I have yet to try the arrive on time feature yet, from the description it might be a no go for me, but I'll try it it at least once.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yeah I'm not a fan of lyft. I saw the destination filter and at least that works even if I can't see the trips info on acceptance, the trips at least head towards my desired location. I have yet to try the arrive on time feature yet, from the description it might be a no go for me, but I'll try it it at least once.
Yes I hear you.
I usually have to shut the app off and drive home.
The key is to use what works best for you.
All States and Cities are different.

Premium Member
On the surface, the 3/$100 seems like standard driver enticement to change behavior. But upon reflection, and after driving Lyft for the first time in a year, I think the Uber pu algorithm has cost them market share. Uber has decided to incentivize drivers, rather than revert to the 鈥渃losest driver鈥 method of the past.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
On the surface, the 3/$100 seems like standard driver enticement to change behavior. But upon reflection, and after driving Lyft for the first time in a year, I think the Uber pu algorithm has cost them market share. Uber has decided to incentivize drivers, rather than revert to the 鈥渃losest driver鈥 method of the past.
I totally agree.
I was in an Uber surge area yesterday and Lyft still beat them to the punch.
How do we know that an Uber surge is real ?
Would your screen look like mine if we were in the exact same place ?
I listen to my passengers and I hear more complaints about Uber then Lyft.
Now in my case Uber is either not giving me rides or they have none to give.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
See I think Uber is greedy but not dumb.
The things we complain about they are fully aware of and may have purposely created.
The real question is why they are doing this ?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts