Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This 3 ride for $100 dollar quest was just posted today by Uber in my area.
I had one like it two months ago when I returned to driving.
I have not driven for Uber preferring Lyft for a month.
Not sure if this is an attempt to get me back driving for Uber or if this is normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't driven since June 2020 and I got the same one. I just registered anew veh and ready to drive now. I got the offer after my veh was approved. I guess we will know here in a few days!

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't driven since June 2020 and I got the same one. I just registered anew veh and ready to drive now. I got the offer after my veh was approved. I guess we will know here in a few days!
Yea to me it's an attempt to get me back to Uber.
If they think they got you they will not give you this offer.
In my area I see a trend to Lyft.
When I run both apps I get way more Lyft request.
This week's Lyft challenge was 94 rides for 145 dollars.
There is no way I can do 94 rides in a week.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
This offer succeeded in getting me reactivated, but I don't think I'm helping my community as much as they would prefer. Lyft also had an offer of 1 ride for $30 which I completed.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Its to get you back on the road, lyft got me with 200 for 20 this week. I hate that I'm doing it.... No info at all as its been over a year so I have no status to see trips. I accepted 1 yesterday turned out to be a 45min drive to the upper west side from where I was, I decided to honor the ride because the pax was a nice person. But I'm filtering all the rides from now on until the quest is done.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its to get you back on the road, lyft got me with 200 for 20 this week. I hate that I'm doing it.... No info at all as its been over a year so I have no status to see trips. I accepted 1 yesterday turned out to be a 45min drive to the upper west side from where I was, I decided to honor the ride because the pax was a nice person. But I'm filtering all the rides from now on until the quest is done.
I think every driver gets offers based on there unique individual status.
It seems the less you drive the better your offers.
Uber has retained my diamond status so I always know where I am going.
I have gold with Lyft that gives me my destination as well.
Lyft constantly changes rides and add rides on me. I lose my ability to filter rides when this happens.
Last Saturday Lyft added a ride that wanted to go to Manhattan a 3 hour ride.
I told the passenger I would take her to Stamford which was an hour and a half and she agreed.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
For some of you only doing lyft. Uber has had a surge here About everyday . 3 bucks extra per ride.
Airport was 9 bucks yesterday . Lyft zero bonuses only a dollar extra per ride.
And for longer rides when im on a quest. I tell the pax i am trying to get home and the filter is turned on only to accept rides in a direction closer to my home. I tell them sorry the filter goofed up im asking them to get out.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
I agree with @kingcorey321 asking passengers to GTFO
I just received a report from uber for telling this passenger to get out . If a pax does not understand i will not drive in the total incorrect direction then he can get a . Did not have a mask on i ask him to get out report reply . Uber will not kick you for this . There short handed right now unless its a safety concern .

Uber took the promo away from me ! Just got the 100 for yesterday. Now the promo is GONE ! Its not worth driving in that city unless you want to earn 10 bucks an hour after fuel short rides driving collage kids 5 miles and it takes 20 minutes per trip So much traffic students . You must stare at the roads so much going on one way streets big building bad gps signals people jumping in front of your car.

·
Premium Member
10,828 Posts
3 for 100 is great, what new guys never saw years ago,,it was FTQ...1 ride with a big surge 1 long trip $200. this 75 trips for $500 in 2 days is a surge killer and bullshit. every time we fall for that.
we will get no surge and work for base rates. its always been #1 surge killer along with those 100% boost zones..i used to work way outside them. thats equal to 2x on a sat nt. or a football game..stay home just fooling all with mirrors..
in my area 90 trips is $615 100 is $715 - sounds great 33 a day or 30 a day. and the computer gives you hard rides to not hit it.
do you know how hard it is on your car doing this ..
ok so you make xtra $600+
but this brings out the stupid ants . so you get no surge . so a long day is now not $200 xtra a day. but $200 lose a day...imho only 7 years over 20k rides all platforms..do well all

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For some of you only doing lyft. Uber has had a surge here About everyday . 3 bucks extra per ride.
Airport was 9 bucks yesterday . Lyft zero bonuses only a dollar extra per ride.
And for longer rides when im on a quest. I tell the pax i am trying to get home and the filter is turned on only to accept rides in a direction closer to my home. I tell them sorry the filter goofed up im asking them to get out.
I like it !!!
I will give Uber a longer shot this weekend and then compare the two.

·
Premium Member
17,082 Posts
Not sure if this is an attempt to get me back driving for Uber or if this is normal.
it is normal for uber drivers who haven't been taken rides and if they do come back and go for the $100 for 3, it repeats in less than a month. So it is recurring in some markets.

Reactions: Jimmy44

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
it is normal for uber drivers who haven't been taken rides and if they do come back and go for the $100 for 3, it repeats in less than a month. So it is recurring in some markets.
I only take ubers x if i can get a surge or bonus . Its just not worth it . .60c a mile and .11 a minute . Its equals to 15 an hour minus 3 dollars a hour in fuel. Its 3.20 pr gallon here.
Offers are something like this . 15 BUCKS . 39 minutes 16 miles . Dead head home .

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
In my history with Uber, I only received a Consecutive Rides Bonus ONCE in February 2021 that was 3 rides for $50. The weekly Quests I sporadically meet. I almost die trying to get 20 rides. Lyft is worse though. Their Ride Challenges and 3rides/$15 Bonus Streaks are a joke. I almost ALWAYS end up forfeiting the Streak because I get an obnoxious guest or their destination is at the end of the Earth, or just...something happens...I haven't been driving much anyway...don't need to...don't have to. I'm simply unmotivated with the lack of worthwhile monetary incentives, and I find myself cancelling a lot more rides due to bad rider attitudes. You know those before the trip starts...every rideshare driver does. I'm the driver that gets the "the other driver did it...they do it all the time" passengers who want me to violate policy. My acceptance rate is garbage...you think I'm going to deal with the double whammy of a low driver rating too? Nope. I take that fare hit and keep it moving. People seem to be a lot ruder, angrier, and unhappier in general. I don't want that to rub off too much, that's why I don't do pickups of the bar crowd anymore. They're no longer comical to me; they're obnoxious people that get on my nerves now. After so many drinks, I can feel myself leaning towards a bad mood. I don't have the temperament for those encounters anymore. I love my early morning work crowd and especially the red-eye airport destination passengers who almost always tip a nice $5-$25, sometimes giving a cash tip AND additional monies on the app! Cha-ching!🤑

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I only take ubers x if i can get a surge or bonus . Its just not worth it . .60c a mile and .11 a minute . Its equals to 15 an hour minus 3 dollars a hour in fuel. Its 3.20 pr gallon here.
Offers are something like this . 15 BUCKS . 39 minutes 16 miles . Dead head home .
Don't forget your vehicle depreciation.
I call it the silent killer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts