Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Brisbane recently and amazed at the amount of bicycles and scooters loitering and being a traffic nuisance more so than the groups of teenagers that hire them down here and continually toot the horn all the way to the spit.

Evenings in Brisbane City and Fortitude Valley are looking more like Delhi or Taiwan everyday with app based cycle and scooter workers!

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Motor vehicle Building

·
Registered
89 Posts
So what's the earning capabilities as a push bike rider with UberEATS?
My brother did it and seemed to make around $15-19 an hour... not terrible since all you require to start is a cheap bike and you could write some off the time off to "exercise" because in Brisbane he said it's a bloody hard slog. But car deliveries appear to be far more lucrative. Haven't seen my bro saddle up on the bike with his Uber bag since he put his car on his account, nuff said..!

A lot of guys riding car license scooters are registered as cyclists in Uber because you can't insure the things properly... therefore Uber won't allow you to register with them with that vehicle. You have to lie and say it's a bicycle. Which comes at a cost - you get fewer long range deliveries because they think you're huffing and puffing up hill at 15kmh.. probably not of a hell of a lot different pace to a car license scooter though, to be honest.

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
My brother did it and seemed to make around $15-19 an hour... not terrible since all you require to start is a cheap bike and you could write some off the time off to "exercise" because in Brisbane he said it's a bloody hard slog. But car deliveries appear to be far more lucrative. Haven't seen my bro saddle up on the bike with his Uber bag since he put his car on his account, nuff said..!

A lot of guys riding car license scooters are registered as cyclists in Uber because you can't insure the things properly... therefore Uber won't allow you to register with them with that vehicle. You have to lie and say it's a bicycle. Which comes at a cost - you get fewer long range deliveries because they think you're huffing and puffing up hill at 15kmh.. probably not of a hell of a lot different pace to a car license scooter though, to be honest.
Thanks for that, nice lol bit of info there :)

I've noticed the amount of car delivery I'm getting has dramatically decreased of late...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts