Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I went to pickup an Uber rider on E. 9th St. last night. Wait around the corner and text him my location. He cancels. I get a cancellation fee. One minute later he sends out a request and I take the ride. He cancels immediately. I move on and get some Lyft rides.

About 40 minutes later I get another Uber ping. Accept it. The RIDER cancels. That's three RIDER cancellations in a row.

Uber takes me offline and puts me in TIMEOUT. After 3 RIDER cancellations.

The best part is Uber's response to my support question regarding why I was put in timeout for rider cancellations.

RESPONSE #1: You were taken offline because you have a "high cancellation rate compared to other drivers". My cancellation rate is 3%, 1 cancellation in 29 ride requests.

I told them that made no sense. Low rate of cancellation. But more curious, why put me in timeout immediately after the 3rd in a row RIDER cancellation?

RESPONSE #2: Thanks for getting in touch. Then the whole "not eligible for cancellation" spiel.

I KNOW THAT! That's not the question. Read the message. Don't send another canned response.

RESPONSE #3: Sorry, we know its frustrating having riders cancel but you do not qualify for a cancellation fee since the cancellation was within 5 minutes. Try educating your riders to get in touch with our partners.

Now I'm pulling my hair out! Short and sweet: READ THE MESSAGE! Don't send another canned response.

Now, I wait for canned response #4.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
yep, also happened to me. Same rider, order, cancel, order, cancel, order, cancel all within 2 minutes. Then, I got put in timeout for 2 minutes. I just turned off app and drove away from that area to avoid getting stuck in this death loop again.

·
Premium Member
8,104 Posts
Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I went to pickup an Uber rider on E. 9th St. last night. Wait around the corner and text him my location. He cancels. I get a cancellation fee. One minute later he sends out a request and I take the ride. He cancels immediately. I move on and get some Lyft rides.

About 40 minutes later I get another Uber ping. Accept it. The RIDER cancels. That's three RIDER cancellations in a row.

Uber takes me offline and puts me in TIMEOUT. After 3 RIDER cancellations.

The best part is Uber's response to my support question regarding why I was put in timeout for rider cancellations.

RESPONSE #1: You were taken offline because you have a "high cancellation rate compared to other drivers". My cancellation rate is 3%, 1 cancellation in 29 ride requests.

I told them that made no sense. Low rate of cancellation. But more curious, why put me in timeout immediately after the 3rd in a row RIDER cancellation?

RESPONSE #2: Thanks for getting in touch. Then the whole "not eligible for cancellation" spiel.

I KNOW THAT! That's not the question. Read the message. Don't send another canned response.

RESPONSE #3: Sorry, we know its frustrating having riders cancel but you do not qualify for a cancellation fee since the cancellation was within 5 minutes. Try educating your riders to get in touch with our partners.

Now I'm pulling my hair out! Short and sweet: READ THE MESSAGE! Don't send another canned response.

Now, I wait for canned response #4.
With that many horrible responses from Uber CS on what is obviously a problem with the system, if at all possible, go to the office and talk to the uber peeps there - and if they don't 'get it' and at least acknowledge the problem, ask to talk to David.

It *appears* that the system looks at cancellations as a 'whole' (does not distinguish between driver cancels and rider cancels). I've been told by David at the Uber office that when they look at deactivating a driver over a high cancellation rate that they can indeed see the difference between rider cancellations and driver cancellations. I don't know what to believe.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After the automaton responses I've received tonight (after what I've posted)...yes,i think I'll be seeking out a human. You should all be afraid. I don't say this in jest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts