Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Some of you less experienced folks are probably thinking "Oh boy! Oscar night! I get to UBER some movie stars around in Hollywood!"

If you choose to drive on Sunday, the ENTIRE HOLLYWOOD AREA should be avoided at all costs! If you're looking at a boost zone map, this is the upper zone between the downtown and Santa Monica zone. Chances are the lower zone won't be much better.

"Oh, you're probably just trying to save all the good rides for yourself".

Let me break it down for you:

• Lots of ants, just like you, are thinking the same thing! "Ohh! Big event! Let's get our ant on!"
  • Anyone attending the Oscar's is using black car service. If you're an X driver, you're wasting your time down there.
  • Multiple road closures including Hollywood BLVD from La Brea possibly all the way east to Cahuenga will mean a traffic NIGHTMARE.
  • Because all the inexperienced ants will flood this area, it will likely surge in other parts of the city, and outside of the boost zone, especially after the broadcast ends. The Wall Street Journal doesn't call the Oscar's the "Superbowl for Women" for nothing: https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303426304579405481826177684

STAY OUT OF HOLLYWOOD!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Oh hell yeah, as an X driver I am staying away from that area for sure. I'm just hoping all the yuppies in Conejo/SF valleys have oscar parties and it generates a little evening traffic. I don't want to be anywhere near the quagmire in Hollywood, I mean honestly, are their X drivers asinine enough to really think they're going to go down there and Tom Cruise is going to hop in the back or some shit?

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Valley will be good tonight. Won't be a long surge, but you'll get one just after the broadcast ends. Burbank, and the Ventura strip will both be good places to camp out. Glendale and Pasadena will likely also get a little post Oscar bump.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Valley will be good tonight. Won't be a long surge, but you'll get one just after the broadcast ends. Burbank, and the Ventura strip will both be good places to camp out. Glendale and Pasadena will likely also get a little post Oscar bump.
Yup exactly what I was thinking too. Not looking for a great night, just hoping it will be a tad better than your average Sunday night.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
For now, I'm done with LA, as a whole. Too many roads have potholes from the rains, and I have a feeling they won't be filled soon. Also, drivers there, are extra rude. Overall, not very welcoming. :mad:o_O

Iz too many peoplez. :confused:

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Hello!

Some of you less experienced folks are probably thinking "Oh boy! Oscar night! I get to UBER some movie stars around in Hollywood!"

If you choose to drive on Sunday, the ENTIRE HOLLYWOOD AREA should be avoided at all costs! If you're looking at a boost zone map, this is the upper zone between the downtown and Santa Monica zone. Chances are the lower zone won't be much better.

• Lots of ants, just like you, are thinking the same thing! "Ohh! Big event! Let's get our ant on!"
  • Anyone attending the Oscar's is using black car service. If you're an X driver, you're wasting your time down there.
  • Multiple road closures including Hollywood BLVD from La Brea possibly all the way east to Cahuenga will mean a traffic NIGHTMARE.
  • Because all the inexperienced ants will flood this area, it will likely surge in other parts of the city, and outside of the boost zone, especially after the broadcast ends. The Wall Street Journal doesn't call the Oscar's the "Superbowl for Women" for nothing: https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303426304579405481826177684

STAY OUT OF HOLLYWOOD!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup exactly what I was thinking too. Not looking for a great night, just hoping it will be a tad better than your average Sunday night.
Yea, don't mistake my statements about the valley and Pasadena area as golden opportunities. It will surge like bar break does, and most likely with less intensity. So you might luck out and get ONE 2x+ ride out of it, and then >poof< back to base.

Truthfully, the best advice I can give is to stay home. Right now that's my plan.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Oh hell yeah, as an X driver I am staying away from that area for sure. I'm just hoping all the yuppies in Conejo/SF valleys have oscar parties and it generates a little evening traffic. I don't want to be anywhere near the quagmire in Hollywood, I mean honestly, are their X drivers asinine enough to really think they're going to go down there and Tom Cruise is going to hop in the back or some shit?
Thousands of fans show up on hollywood blvd hoping to see stars...

Likely will be lots of shorts to parked cars

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I live smack in the middle of all the road closures in Hollywood. Trust me when I say this..
Uber X= No Bueno
I finished my quest rwquirements this morning and I'm done for the day.

·
Premium Member
63,061 Posts
Hello!

STAY OUT OF HOLLYWOOD!

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
Thank you for sending the army of ants to my hood. Ants if I see you on Ventura I will punch your tires. Stay away!! Its my base fair cash not yours!

:p

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So.... question is: USC, LBC, or OC?
Smart man. ;)

Thank you for sending the army of ants to my hood. Ants if I see you on Ventura I will punch your tires. Stay away!! Its my base fair cash not yours!

:p
LOL. If you still believe posting on here will have any effect on the massive ant colony out there you're smoking something better than I've got. Most of those drivers don't know these forums exist. Heck most of them will "part the red seas" and drive into a surge app on. We're not talking about rocket scientists here.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Map World Font Line Rectangle
Whoop there it is...
As I said thousands of fans all looking for rides

1 - 20 of 47 Posts