Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Just for further emphasis – The law in VA, DC, and MD is children seven and younger must be in a car seat.

Taking a little kid without a seat really scares me, and I will never do it.

If I have to stop suddenly (not exactly unknown in the DC area) that kid could go flying anywhere in that car.

Don’t take that trip folks! Wait a couple minutes, cancel and collect your fee.

·
26,305 Posts
let it slide. No more.
Small child? No car seat, no ride. Take a cab, they are exempt. If you MUST summon a ride through Uber, as long as you are in the City, you can summon an ACTUAL LICENCED TAXI through the Uber application. Keep swiping until you get Uber Taxi, then summon. You can summon and pay for your Uber Taxi the same as you would any other Uber. It is also great for gaming the surge (no surge pricing on Uber Taxi). Uber also does give you a choice of summoning X with a car seat, but you pay extra and availability is not always reliable.

I have pulled up to more than one address, seen the small child, asked for the car seat and was told none. No ride. I tell them either to summon Uber Taxi or UberX with car seat. I did have one prospective customer tell me that he had tried that, but none were available. I told him to summon Uber Taxi and showed him how to do it.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
The driver has to invest their time and money going to the pickup (for free) and then you see the kid with no car seat and the first thing they all say
"But all the other Lyft drivers do it..."

Same thing with 5 people cheap pax order X, they don't want to pony up for an XL, but they each got $50+ to spend on bar tab and tip their bar tender.

Same thing with these pings at 3pm from the high school every day it's all teachers right, no wait they are all 18 and seniors. Sure.

It is amazing how Lyft and Uber get away with this crap and no one does a damn thing. This shit has been happening for years. The constant never ending list.

And no one does anything.

·
Banned
631 Posts
If you have billions, you can do any damn thing you want.

The whole point of Uber is to siphon off a large percentage of that money, with hundreds
of millions directly to a few individuals, while performing an amazing circus that can't possibly work.

It's gong to go down in history as the most "Uber" con job in history.
C'mon, it's called "UBER" FFS!

One person doing something comparable to the entire dot-com bubble.
It is just ****ing fantastic.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
If you have billions, you can do any damn thing you want.

The whole point of Uber is to siphon off a large percentage of that money, with hundreds
of millions directly to a few individuals, while performing an amazing circus that can't possibly work.

It's gong to go down in history as the most "Uber" con job in history.
C'mon, it's called "UBER" FFS!

One person doing something comparable to the entire dot-com bubble.
It is just &%[email protected]!*ing fantastic.
I estimate they have pissed away about 1.5 billion of the softbank dough in 5 months. if they don't go public in 2019 they are probably going to have to reup in 2020. Will softbank be willing to piss away another 10 billion at that point is the question.

·
26,305 Posts
you see the kid with no car seat and the first thing they all say
"But all the other Lyft drivers do it..."
If that is so, Madame, I am going to do you a favour, I am going to allow you to summon one of those "other" Lyft drivers who likes traffic summonses, points and fines. I guess that those "other" Lyft drivers look forward to the day when they will start paying for your child for the rest of their lives because the vehicle was in a collision and the insurance will not pay for a small child not in his car seat. Yes, this could apply regardless of fault, but, that "other" Lyft driver must not be too concerned. Please, Madame, summon one of those "other" Lyft drivers.

"Do I really need this fare bad enough to break the law?"
Ain't no job worth no traffic summons.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just for further emphasis - The law in VA, DC, and MD is children seven and younger must be in a car seat.

Taking a little kid without a seat really scares me, and I will never do it.

If I have to stop suddenly (not exactly unknown in the DC area) that kid could go flying anywhere in that car.

Don't take that trip folks! Wait a couple minutes, cancel and collect your fee.
In MD, its under the age of 8 or 4 foot nine and below

·
Registered
398 Posts
had this happen to me tonight, on a POOP request no less. Show up to the location and see a man with his wife with a baby/stroller in a carseat and a little boy. First thing I ask is "how old is he?" he sais 6 and I go nope, no ride. I have a 6 yr old and would never put him in a car without a seat. wtf are these people thinking. And to order a POOP? Dude must've been smoking crack in that upscale restaurant he took his family out to.

·
Registered
205 Posts
had this happen to me tonight, on a POOP request no less. Show up to the location and see a man with his wife with a baby/stroller in a carseat and a little boy. First thing I ask is "how old is he?" he sais 6 and I go nope, no ride. I have a 6 yr old and would never put him in a car without a seat. wtf are these people thinking. And to order a POOP? Dude must've been smoking crack in that upscale restaurant he took his family out to.
You did the right thing Bro, did u get your cancel fee? Also they have nerve to order a Poop with more than 2 people. The F ing nerve!!!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
You did the right thing Bro, did u get your cancel fee? Also they have nerve to order a Poop with more than 2 people. The F ing nerve!!!!!
I did not get my cancel fee. Not too sure why... but I didn't feel like hanging around but it ended up working out. Next ping I got was a surge and ended up getting me $30. I ain't gonna cry over that $4 - maybe now dude can actually afford to buy a car seat for his child

·
Registered
205 Posts
I did not get my cancel fee. Not too sure why... but I didn't feel like hanging around but it ended up working out. Next ping I got was a surge and ended up getting me $30. I ain't gonna cry over that $4 - maybe now dude can actually afford to buy a car seat for his child
Cool beans, the car seat issue is getting worst in the projects...

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
on a POOP request no less. Show up to the location and see a man with his wife with a baby/stroller in a carseat and a little boy. First thing I ask is "how old is he?" he sais 6 and I go nope, no ride. And to order a POOP? Dude must've been smoking crack in that upscale restaurant he took his family out to.
So this guy can afford a fancy restaurant but not a car seat or Uber Black?

Are limos exempt from the car seat rule? If they are he should have called Uber Black. If limos have to have one, he can call Uber Taxi, since cabs are exempt.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
I did have one prospective customer tell me that he had tried that, but none were available. I told him to summon Uber Taxi and showed him how to do it.
At the point you should have told them to see do they qualify for getting a free car seat through their local government program online for low income families. If they don't qualify to receive help then that must mean that their cheap a$$es should cough up the 100-200 bucks to get one for THEIR CHILD.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts