Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have been online on and off for the past two days and the map on the driver app looks clear, no yellow or red zones. Anybody knows what's going on? I've checked early morning, rush hour, 3-5 pm and nothing! Did they switch the surge off or something?

Thanks,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but I would expect at least some yellow shading or a little surge every now and then. Very strange to me.

Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nah. Not too strange. At least 7 cars in range of airport right now and 15-25 in or around downtown. Also it is three weeks till colleges resume so providence is slow (as far as surge goes) right now may pick up beginning of September. But with all the onboarding who knows?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know guys, this is not normal. Not a single surge are for two days and even last night (unless i missed it). We'll see the weekend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Geo. Your right this is not normal. Threads elsewhere reporting same thing. Seems to be an app issue. Or Uber turned it off. Conspiracy theories abound

·
Registered
10 Posts
So until there is a resolution of surge on drivers app. I am going to try the app Driver companion. It at least allows you to set alerts for three locations and get alert if there is a surge at that location. Set it for Newport and it jives with info from no surge app

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea - I don't know what that was, there was no surge for 3-4 days in the driver app. It's been fixed in RI - Colors are back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts