Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I'm a chauffeur for 10 years trying to make a living. Are you some sort of Uber shill?
Why would I be a shill? You have an alterior motive, everyone should know your intentions here.

I drive for Uber part time, if I didn't like it...I wouldn't drive. Pretty novel idea there right?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
You seem like a shill because you like .90/mile. My motive is to try and make better money using the Uber App as a driver. Was I a taxi driver ? Yes. Am I a Uber driver too ? Yes. None of that conflicts with me wanting to make a decent wage
So now you are a chauffeur and Uber driver when just a few months ago you were only a taxi driver. Just a sample of your previous postings.

I noticed my taxi hAs been ******bag free last several months nothing but 5 star customers. Sucks to be an Uber sucker

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Hey Jose I'm a driver in Miami. My advice to you is if u want to make real money driving ppl. Get serious get a hack license , be legit and drive a taxi. It's that simple. I make more in 1 Friday putting miles on someone's yellow car than I did after 50 hrs banging up my sweet Sonata 2012 which I was scammed into buying by ubers false promises
So do you still drive for Uber?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Season was great for Taxi . In the summer it was so miserable had to quit it . I don't want to sit idly and not try to make this company change their extremely low Uber X rates

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Season was great for Taxi . In the summer it was so miserable had to quit it . I don't want to sit idly and not try to make this company change their extremely low Uber X rates
I am all for higher rates but I just don't trust what you say. I would be happy to meet up, I'll probably go out tonight soon.

·
Registered
652 Posts
There is nothing drivers can do to change Uber unless you have some novel idea to contact 15,000 drivers. You must know that less than 1% read this forum. A strike would never work even if you could get a lot to go along. Uber eould just make a 3X surge and there would be plenty of drivers.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not a strike . I'm thinking some protests regarding low wages and unsustainable low rates outside of the news station on 71st street quick and done just to get attention from news ppl and maybe promote uberpeople.net so other drivers will join the cause

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is an unparalleled stupidity. Double this damn slavery rates and reduce the number of drivers by half by having fingerprint background checks. Put the tip option on the app (still cashless business, duh) and mandatory minimum of 20 characters input comment for a non-five stars rating. Last weekend was the first in months I didn't drive for Uber at all... got a job now, not exactly what I've dreamed about, but enough to make me lazy on Friday and Saturday nights... Uber will regret all this stupidity the bad way, somehow, someday...

1 - 20 of 136 Posts