Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say you normally drive in the Charlotte, NC area....and then one of your requests/potential passengers ask you to drive them to Columbia, SC...About 1.5 hours away...What is the proper protocol in this situation? Can you take the trip? Deny the trip? Just do whatever you feel like? Thank you for any advice...

·
Registered
210 Posts
take any long trip if the money is correct.

·
Registered
606 Posts
You take/deny any trip you want. Last week, my friend went from the airport to Pigeon Ford (Forge?), TN. Four hour trip. $247 fare (just under $200 was her take). She got a small tip and then drove all the way back (empty, of course).

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
You take/deny any trip you want. Last week, my friend went from the airport to Pigeon Ford (Forge?), TN. Four hour trip. $247 fare (just under $200 was her take). She got a small tip and then drove all the way back (empty, of course).
I make that as 404 miles round trip via I-40 and 6 to 7 hours. .61/mile is not very good. I would have use 20 gallons at $2.70/gal or $54 just in gas. What is UberX per mile fare there...it is only $1.10 here and Uber takes 20 - 30 % commission. She deserved a BIG Tip. I don't think these long trips are worth it. I recommend telling pax no and seeing is you can negotiate and UP FRONT tip to make the drive back empty worthwhile.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I make that as 404 miles round trip via I-40 and 6 to 7 hours. .61/mile is not very good. I would have use 20 gallons at $2.70/gal or $54 just in gas. What is UberX per mile fare there...it is only $1.10 here and Uber takes 20 - 30 % commission. She deserved a BIG Tip. I don't think these long trips are worth it. I recommend telling pax no and seeing is you can negotiate and UP FRONT tip to make the drive back empty worthwhile.
They can say they will give you 100 bucks..

till it's in my hand the car is not rolling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts