Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a 55 for $105. It was hard to get pings in the busiest of areas. I sat in river north on top of ppl waiting for rides to see other Uber's with cars like mine (so it had to be uberX ) getting the pings. It happened all week, especially today (3 times - twice in the burbs) when I had to get my last few rides in. I would sit and then see 5 to 6 Uber car's in my car class picking up ppl.

Uber is setting me up to fail; I worked until the deadline and got the last ride in the very last few minutes.

The worst of it was : I kept getting super long rides (30 - 45 mins) to the suburb each time I got a ping. Any other day when I would pray for a ride to the burbs I couldn't get it.

Plus each time I thought I was dropping the passenger off, as I was getting close to the destination they would change it to somewhere else causing me less time to get the other rides. That scenario happened 4 times tonight. That NEVER happens to me consecutively.

Let me not talk about the types of people are boozing and drugging this time of night. I'm suprised I am alive.

I won't do this again. I was too close to quit. And maybe that is what uber wanted; to have me by the balls. And they did. Everytime I got close to my home, I would get a new ping. So it made it easier for me to go ahead and continue on my quest.

I will just have to see if they pay the bonus. My ping came in before the 4a hour but the trip didn't start or end until period ended.

If they dont. I quit. Sick of the shenanigans they play. Matter of fact, I think I am done. As soon as my next job comes through (I have something in the works), I'm done. Was going to try and do a a day a weekend but I think it is time.

· Registered
370 Posts
It's the biometric algorithm we F U flow chart that Uber is now using. Of course Uber absolutely has you in their system for extremity long dead end rides. They are sticking to it incentive drivers because they want to get the most they can out of you. That $105 was never going to be free money.

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you need one ride to meet incentive and you want to go home. Ask a friend to ask for a ride next to you. Wait 3 minutes. Start trip drive 5 minutes. End trip. Refund your friend and buy him a beer.
because I had a hard time getting rides I would doubt they would pair me with the rider. I was passed up on some many rides, it was ridiculous but I thought abt that too but didn't try it.

· Registered
204 Posts
Leave it to Uber to incentivise drivers to drive dangerous amounts of hours to achieve a bonus of $2 or less per ride. I didn't even bother to try. (I was offered $110) According to Uber, the top 25 percent of drivers in terms of trips per week average 45 trips per week. Top drivers average 10 less trips per WEEK than they are asking for in four days to achieve that bonus. Completely irresponsible on Uber's part, but nobody should be surprised.

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leave it to Uber to incentivise drivers to drive dangerous amounts of hours to achieve a bonus of $2 or less per ride. I didn't even bother to try. (I was offered $110) According to Uber, the top 25 percent of drivers in terms of trips per week average 45 trips per week. Top drivers average 10 less trips per WEEK than they are asking for in four days to achieve that bonus. Completely irresponsible on Uber's part, but nobody should be surprised.
Define YOUR dangerous amount of hours?

At what point did I talk about working a lot of hours?

· Registered
204 Posts
Define YOUR dangerous amount of hours?

At what point did I talk about working a lot of hours?
I'm on your side man. I never said you specifically, I just presented facts that demonstrate drivers have to complete significantly more trips in four days than the top 25% of drivers do in seven. I average 50 trips per seven days according to Uber. For me to do 55 in four would require me to be online for fourteen hours per day considering I drive in the suburbs the overwhelming majority of the time.

My first trip this week was at 5:03 am Monday morning. Crystal Lake to Midway in an hour and 36 minutes. Nice fare but my chances of getting 55 in four days pretty much went out the window right there given I need to average 14 a day and one took that long.

Do you mind saying how many hours it took you to get your 55?

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear you. This time 33, but typically 25, a little over a 2.5 days work. But I'm in a position where I live close to the city and more ppl take ubers, and I usually don't wait long for rides.
I'm on your side man. I never said you specifically, I just presented facts that demonstrate drivers have to complete significantly more trips in four days than the top 25% of drivers do in seven. I average 50 trips per seven days according to Uber. For me to do 55 in four would require me to be online for fourteen hours per day considering I drive in the suburbs the overwhelming majority of the time.

My first trip this week was at 5:03 am Monday morning. Crystal Lake to Midway in an hour and 36 minutes. Nice fare but my chances of getting 55 in four days pretty much went out the window right there given I need to average 14 a day and one took that long.

Do you mind saying how many hours it took you to get your 55?

· Registered
204 Posts
Dangerous? I drove 15 hours yesterday and I was still more coherant and alert than 95% of the douxhebags on the road last night. I think most Americans get their driver's licenses out of a Cracker Jacks box. Do most people really not understand they can turn right on a red?
Now imagine those 95% of drivers driving 15 hours a day for three or four days straight to get an extra $100. Sounds a little unsafe to me.

· Registered
204 Posts
I hear you. This time 33, but typically 25, a little over a 2.5 days work. But I'm in a position where I live close to the city and more ppl take ubers, and I usually don't wait long for rides.
What sucks more is that Uber is trying to lure even more drivers downtown by offering incentives that are only achievable downtown. It's not enough to only have boost in a small area of the city. It's going to be even harder to achieve bonus targets with more competition down there.

· Premium Member
2,390 Posts
There are really only 2 ways to get the number of trips needed.

1) Work the downtown / gold coast area and hope for short trips. You get one trip to the burbs or ORD, you can kiss the incentive goodbye.

2) Drive an insane amount of time. Toward the end of the shift your alertness and reaction time drops and puts yourself, the pax and other cars st increased risk.

· Registered
145 Posts
I had a 55 for $105. It was hard to get pings in the busiest of areas. I sat in river north on top of ppl waiting for rides to see other Uber's with cars like mine (so it had to be uberX ) getting the pings. It happened all week, especially today (3 times - twice in the burbs) when I had to get my last few rides in. I would sit and then see 5 to 6 Uber car's in my car class picking up ppl.

Uber is setting me up to fail; I worked until the deadline and got the last ride in the very last few minutes.

The worst of it was : I kept getting super long rides (30 - 45 mins) to the suburb each time I got a ping. Any other day when I would pray for a ride to the burbs I couldn't get it.

Plus each time I thought I was dropping the passenger off, as I was getting close to the destination they would change it to somewhere else causing me less time to get the other rides. That scenario happened 4 times tonight. That NEVER happens to me consecutively.

Let me not talk about the types of people are boozing and drugging this time of night. I'm suprised I am alive.

I won't do this again. I was too close to quit. And maybe that is what uber wanted; to have me by the balls. And they did. Everytime I got close to my home, I would get a new ping. So it made it easier for me to go ahead and continue on my quest.

I will just have to see if they pay the bonus. My ping came in before the 4a hour but the trip didn't start or end until period ended.

If they dont. I quit. Sick of the shenanigans they play. Matter of fact, I think I am done. As soon as my next job comes through (I have something in the works), I'm done. Was going to try and do a a day a weekend but I think it is time.
Congratulations on your retirement. I sir am jealous of you.

· Registered
989 Posts
When you need one ride to meet incentive and you want to go home. Ask a friend to ask for a ride next to you. Wait 3 minutes. Start trip drive 5 minutes. End trip. Refund your friend and buy him a beer.
LOL, I love this. I think I'll try that next time I have a good incentive. The best I've gotten since the $100 promo's is $80 for 35 poops.

· Registered
3,429 Posts
There are really only 2 ways to get the number of trips needed.

1) Work the downtown / gold coast area and hope for short trips. You get one trip to the burbs or ORD, you can kiss the incentive goodbye.

2) Drive an insane amount of time. Toward the end of the shift your alertness and reaction time drops and puts yourself, the pax and other cars st increased risk.
Gold Coast? No thanks. It only takes an extra 5 minutes to book north to Irving Park most days to double the ride length and for more Surge to boot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.