Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This came in my email today. Uber's latest attempt at PR to improve their scandal-ridden image. Seems corporate has finally noticed how many customers Lyft has stolen from them.

Will you be submitting the name of a worthy organization? How about paying Uber drivers more? What will the grand prize be: $50, $100, $1000, or a really significant amount that can make a difference? Whatever the amount, I am confident that Uber will 10 spend times the prize amount telling everybody how wonderful they are, what a great corporate citizen, and most important, distracting from the many ways they still shaft their "independent contractors". Don't believe me? An excerpt from the official rules:

7. Grant of Rights. Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Program and/or winning the Prize, Entrant irrevocably consents to the use of his or her name, image, photograph, likeness, biographical information, entry, statements attributed to Entrant (if true) and any video footage related to the Prize, for all Uber's advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes in all media now or hereafter known, worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation and additionally consents to Uber putting his or her name on a winner's list.

My submission will be for a Union to represent Uber drivers in Connecticut. :D

Project Jumpstart Connecticut
Driving dreams forward

Every single day, our partners keep Connecticut moving-to work, school, dinners with friends, family reunions, and more. And we want to support the causes that move them forward. Uber's Project Jumpstart supports local initiatives that are closest to our Connecticut partners' hearts and empowers them to spark change in their community.

What moves you?

Apply for a sponsorship
Every three months, partners can submit an application for a local cause that is important to them, and we'll award funding to winning partners to contribute to their organizations.

How it works
1. Applications open for submission
Starting today, partners can submit 1 application for the sponsorship of a cause that is important to them and, if chosen, we'll contribute funding for the project.

2. Applications evaluated
Uber will collect and evaluate all sponsorship applications on an ongoing basis until the end of the month. We'll also ask CT partners to vote on what initiatives they think should be awarded grants.

3. Sponsorship announced
Partners who have been selected will be notified at the end of the 3 month selection period.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have applied 3 times in the past - been ignored each time - screw uber -

I dont want any hand outs from Uber

Just my fair pay and stop cheating the customers and me

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have applied 3 times in the past - been ignored each time - screw uber
Oh foolish, foolish, one. Maybe I am too much of a cynic? Are you under the impression that this is being done to benefit a worthy organization? That will happen, but only incidentally to the main purpose, to improve Uber's damaged public image.

Did you notice that not only does Uber maintains control of the decision making process, but they will not release the criteria used to select the winner? The winner will be whoever gives Uber the best "bang for their buck" improving their image. True, "CT partners to vote on what initiatives they think should be awarded grants", but Uber is under no obligation to act according to the results of the vote. Uber will spend ten to a hundred times the amount of the prizes awarded ($1000-$2000 each) in publicizing how wonderful they are. Prizes are also tax deductible.
I dont want any hand outs from Uber1. Just my fair pay and stop cheating the customers and me
Uber's history is to NEVER treat anyone fairly, not drivers, not customers, not even employees, until they are forced (#deleteUber or court judgements).

Lyft is not much better. Lyft's history is to mimic Uber's most profitable policies, while trying to avoid Uber's worst mistakes. This does not include being fair. Case in point, Lyft's customer fees and driver pay are identical to Uber's with a few exceptions that we've already discussed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts