Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard some bad things about Uber drivers from riders, about their cleanliness, their car's cleanliness, having no idea how to follow their gps, and doing drugs with the riders. While I think that's all a shame and could easily be avoided, I actually witnessed something tonight and had to say something.

I was waiting on a passenger at a bar. I won't say which bar, but I'm sure if the offender reads this he'll know I'm talking about him.

I was pulled into a parking space. The parking lot was small and had one road going around it, which was one way. Behind me, parked along the road, were a few taxis.

Suddenly I saw the driver pull up behind me going the wrong way. Some people got out and went to the bar. I watched this happen in my rear view. After the people left, I looked away, still trying to find my passenger. I figured the car left, until I heard someone speaking loudly.

I looked again and saw one of the taxi drivers walk up to the car and talk to the driver, informing him he was going the wrong way. I looked around and saw a couple of other taxis trying to get through the right way but were blocked by this car.

I looked back at the taxi driver as his conversation quickly turned into an argument. The driver was refusing to back up and go the right way. There was nothing behind him and more than enough room, but he refused.

Then, another guy walked up to the car and asked if he was Uber. He then climbed in the car, all the while the driver and taxi driver were still having it out.

Yeah, the Uber driver was completely in the wrong and blocking traffic while his paying customer was in the car.

A cop came out and told the Uber driver to back up and again he refused. I don't know if his reverse didn't work or what, but the cop told the other taxis, who were still blocked but going the right way, to back up. They did and the Uber driver pulled up, going the wrong way, and turned around somewhere, I couldn't see.

The taxis left and then the Uber driver came up, now going the right way, and he had more words with the first taxi driver. As he was pulling away he flipped the taxi guy the bird.

I can't imagine how any of that was necessary. I know there's no way to reprimand someone for doing something like that, and I know it doesn't reflect on me or Uber. It just astounds me that there are people like that Uber driver who don't have enough common decency to act the tiniest bit professional when representing their job and, most importantly, themselves.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've heard some bad things about Uber drivers from riders, about their cleanliness, their car's cleanliness, having no idea how to follow their gps, and doing drugs with the riders. While I think that's all a shame and could easily be avoided, I actually witnessed something tonight and had to say something.

I was waiting on a passenger at a bar. I won't say which bar, but I'm sure if the offender reads this he'll know I'm talking about him.

I was pulled into a parking space. The parking lot was small and had one road going around it, which was one way. Behind me, parked along the road, were a few taxis.

Suddenly I saw the driver pull up behind me going the wrong way. Some people got out and went to the bar. I watched this happen in my rear view. After the people left, I looked away, still trying to find my passenger. I figured the car left, until I heard someone speaking loudly.

I looked again and saw one of the taxi drivers walk up to the car and talk to the driver, informing him he was going the wrong way. I looked around and saw a couple of other taxis trying to get through the right way but were blocked by this car.

I looked back at the taxi driver as his conversation quickly turned into an argument. The driver was refusing to back up and go the right way. There was nothing behind him and more than enough room, but he refused.

Then, another guy walked up to the car and asked if he was Uber. He then climbed in the car, all the while the driver and taxi driver were still having it out.

Yeah, the Uber driver was completely in the wrong and blocking traffic while his paying customer was in the car.

A cop came out and told the Uber driver to back up and again he refused. I don't know if his reverse didn't work or what, but the cop told the other taxis, who were still blocked but going the right way, to back up. They did and the Uber driver pulled up, going the wrong way, and turned around somewhere, I couldn't see.

The taxis left and then the Uber driver came up, now going the right way, and he had more words with the first taxi driver. As he was pulling away he flipped the taxi guy the bird.

I can't imagine how any of that was necessary. I know there's no way to reprimand someone for doing something like that, and I know it doesn't reflect on me or Uber. It just astounds me that there are people like that Uber driver who don't have enough common decency to act the tiniest bit professional when representing their job and, most importantly, themselves.
What did his car look like? And what did the guy look like? I'm wondering how he got out of a ticket with a cop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never saw the guy, he stayed in his car, as did I. And he was behind me, so I really don't know the car. It was silver, that's all I know. I'm not sure how he got away with it all either. I'm guessing the officer was just there to make sure no fights broke out or whatever. The whole thing kinda just blew me away.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I never saw the guy, he stayed in his car, as did I. And he was behind me, so I really don't know the car. It was silver, that's all I know. I'm not sure how he got away with it all either. I'm guessing the officer was just there to make sure no fights broke out or whatever. The whole thing kinda just blew me away.
Come to LA and you'll see far worse.

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts

Well when they pay peanuts,you get monkeys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.