Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New-ish to Uber

First question: when I call a pax from the partner app, is my phone number concealed?

Without knowing the answer to this, I decided to get a Google Voice number just in case. I attached it to the app and now, whenever I try to call a passenger, I end up calling myself. I'm not very familiar with how Google Voice operates (obviously), so if anyone could offer some insight, that would be great!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Your phone number is masked. The pax will see a phone number that has been assigned to you by Uber.

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Yes. Every driver receives a uniquely assigned Uber number. This number can be contacted by any phone and is forwarded to your actual cell number (same with text messages).

So it isn't really necessary to get the GV number.

During an active trip, that same phone number that is assigned by Uber to you, is also used by you to contact the passenger (which forwards to the passenger's real cell number - same with text messages). Shortly after the trip is complete, you can no longer contact that passenger since the it will no longer be forwarded to them (but the passenger can still contact you after the trip since the Uber number is uniquely assigned to you).

djino

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Great info! Thanks guys!
I use GV with Uber and love it.
I drive with two phones on in my car.
When a pax calls or txts me, the call/txt comes in on both my phones so I can see it and answer on the phone that isn't running the Uber app or navigation.
I'm not sure why you're having issues when calling a pax and it ringing back to you. It sounds like you are telling GV to dial your GV number instead of your Uber assigned number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts