Uber Drivers Forum banner

Problem I got no Promotions this week. They tell me they will fix it. Don't fix. Then they tell me its because of Coronavirus. Lies or what?

2K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Bostonken 
#1 ·
I got no promotions on my App this week for the first time in almost 4 years. Called about problem, after talking about it all the way up the chain to a Supervisor they confirm there is a problem, it is wrong, and that it should be fixed by 4am. Called back at 5am (Not fixed). Up to the supervisor again, (these are half hour phone calls). Refuses to help. Call again, all the way up to Supervisor. I am told that specifically I didn't get any (at all, no quest, no consecutive) promotions because of Coronavirus and demand. Ive given 17k rides, 4 years, 4.94 Boston, no restrictions. Have been unable so far to find a single other driver that did not get ANY promotions offer this week thru St. Pattys Day. Refuse to offer a logical explanation how this could happen.

Anybody know of way of escalate an issue like this past the overseas calls center? They are blatently lying and using the medical crisis as an excuse. Also told me they didn't record the contents of the first phone call in which a supervisor said they were going to fix it.

#3 ·
You would be the first person in the last 6 hours to confirm that if that is the fact. You are eligible and had NO promotions? Don't care about the face the fact rhetoric, are you saying that you also got no promotions offer and you are fully eligble? Seriously I would like to know, especially after the first call where they said they would fix it and they could see the problem.

#10 ·
I'm fully eligible for quest promotions and get them every week. I've done 12,000+ rides over the past 5+ years. I received no promotion offers from Uber for this week. This is a business decision by uber due to what they expect for ride demand (a lot less) due to the crisis.

Reactions: Conporbos
#4 ·
Uber sucks, we are nobody for uber...

You would be the first person in the last 6 hours to confirm that if that is the fact. You are eligible and had NO promotions? Don't care about the face the fact rhetoric, are you saying that you also got no promotions offer and you are fully eligble? Seriously I would like to know, especially after the first call where they said they would fix it and they could see the problem.
No promotion for me

#5 ·
Uber sucks, we are nobody for uber...

No promotion for me
I don't disagree with you and I have had the pleasure of watching them take piece by piece any realistic potential for fair earning over the last 4 years, every time being told how it is somehow better for us, and every time Lyft mimics the pay cut and calls it something different a week later....

But if you are eligble then I guess there is at least a shred of evidence that ya, they actually did NOTHING at all, no quest, no Consecutive, ect... Have no idea why the first Supervisor said they saw the problem and it was being fixed other than the very same reason you have to go all the way to a Supervisor - no one at support knows any answers to anything.

As far "Unfortunately you need to face the fact" from [U]Railtraveler55[/U], believe me I would have happily faced the fact that I'm not going to bother driving this week rather than trying to get a straight answer for the last 8 hours and went back to bed.

#7 · (Edited)
Anyone going through this thread, the real question seems to be Did Anyone any kind of promotions offer this week?

I am dumbfounded that even during this coronavirus crisis that these boards and the rest of the internet isn't lit up with "NO PROMOTIONS?" And my post is the first thing about it when ANY Eligible driver would have noticed it Saturday when they usually come out and be making noise. 1st time in 4 years there hasn't been anything at all, even though they have been about as good as nothing at all since January.

#8 ·
How is this a surprise for you? Uber has slowly been removing promotions. They don’t care about your rating, eligibility or trips.

Times like this is when companies and gov’t will leverage a crisis to institute new policies that give them more control or profit.

I would not be surprised if we never see promotions again after three weeks of social distancing.

#9 ·
How is this a surprise for you? Uber has slowly been removing promotions. They don't care about your rating, eligibility or trips.

Times like this is when companies and gov't will leverage a crisis to institute new policies that give them more control or profit.

I would not be surprised if we never see promotions again after three weeks of social distancing.
This is BS coming from uber, we are risking getting infected with this virus, and uber only if you tested positive will give you 1700 dollars for 14 days, average on 121 per day, they SHOULD BE GETTIN US PAY MORE THAN THE REGULAR PAYMENT, BECAUSE WE ARE HEROS BASICALLY

#11 ·
@DanGuelmi So I woke up early this morning to do my normal shift. Was extremely slow compared to a typical Monday and once all the Nurse/Doctors were at work it died.

What drives me nuts is majority of people are calling pools right now thinking it's slow and will get an UberX experience for a Pool price.

With social distancing in affect WHY IS UBER ALLOWING POOLS!?!? Like you said we are taking all the risk.. and getting NOTHING.

Either way majority of college kids will be gone by tonight. If tomorrow is dead I will come off the road for the next couple of weeks.

#19 ·
They've been doing that since before Corona lol:) My favorite is when they say 2 people and are only 1 trying to game it so they don't have to sit next someone. If I'm sure its deliberate they get the boot, the fee, and I go fill up the car with 3 more pax.

Doesn't really matter for the time being though. No quest, no consecutive = no purpose of pool rides accepted. They can be useful to get the bonus numbers faster but with no bonus, they have lost their usefullness.

#14 ·
Get a life.

@DanGuelmi So I woke up early this morning to do my normal shift. Was extremely slow compared to a typical Monday and once all the Nurse/Doctors were at work it died.

What drives me nuts is majority of people are calling pools right now thinking it's slow and will get an UberX experience for a Pool price.

With social distancing in affect WHY IS UBER ALLOWING POOLS!?!? Like you said we are taking all the risk.. and getting NOTHING.

Either way majority of college kids will be gone by tonight. If tomorrow is dead I will come off the road for the next couple of weeks.
Of course its going to be dead. Duh?!

#15 · (Edited)
Get a life.

Of course its going to be dead. Duh?!
Hey I got a better idea, instead of being an idiot telling people to get life and treating someone like they are stupid maybe you should get a job at Uber support. You could get paid for useless responses instead!

Of course there are no promotions. It's going to be dead for at least the next 3 weeks.
I don't think anyone suggested they didn't think it was going to be dead, or weren't anticipating tiny bonuses which would be better used for toilet paper. And it will probably more than the next 3 weeks. "Of course" YOU must have known that there were going to be 0 promotions at all for the first time in 4 years. I should have called you instead of Uber Support, they were incapable of telling me that instead of playing ring around the rosie, and you had the answer the whole time!

#20 · (Edited)
I got no promotions on my App this week for the first time in almost 4 years. Called about problem, after talking about it all the way up the chain to a Supervisor they confirm there is a problem, it is wrong, and that it should be fixed by 4am. Called back at 5am (Not fixed). Up to the supervisor again, (these are half hour phone calls). Refuses to help. Call again, all the way up to Supervisor. I am told that specifically I didn't get any (at all, no quest, no consecutive) promotions because of Coronavirus and demand. Ive given 17k rides, 4 years, 4.94 Boston, no restrictions. Have been unable so far to find a single other driver that did not get ANY promotions offer this week thru St. Pattys Day. Refuse to offer a logical explanation how this could happen.

Anybody know of way of escalate an issue like this past the overseas calls center? They are blatently lying and using the medical crisis as an excuse. Also told me they didn't record the contents of the first phone call in which a supervisor said they were going to fix it.
[/QUOTE hey man there is no business. Are you just wake up from coma ? The whole world is closing down and you worry about your lousy promotions. No one got promotion this week and you be lucky to have enough business for coming days. There may be complete curfews coming country wide.
Wake up and smell the coffee or get a real job.
Anyone going through this thread, the real question seems to be Did Anyone any kind of promotions offer this week?

I am dumbfounded that even during this coronavirus crisis that these boards and the rest of the internet isn't lit up with "NO PROMOTIONS?" And my post is the first thing about it when ANY Eligible driver would have noticed it Saturday when they usually come out and be making noise. 1st time in 4 years there hasn't been anything at all, even though they have been about as good as nothing at all since January.
Folks 17K driver is the poster child for Stupidity of many ride share drivers.
promotion ? Seriously? Bro there is no business. Whole world is on lockdown.

#21 ·
Folks 17K driver is the poster child for Stupidity of many ride share drivers.
promotion ? Seriously? Bro there is no business. Whole world is on lockdown.
Ya know what, seriously, you obviously didn't read anything that this poster child posted. I guess you missed the whole part about Uber Support Telling me that yes I was supposed to have bonuses and they were fixing it - which was a waste of my stupid time.

And even though there is NO Business, I did 19 pax on a short 5 hour run Thursday. And even though the whole world is on lockdown, This stupid poster child learned how to wash his hands when he was young and is going to go out for some green beers instead of doing a run tomorrow since it's not going to be worth my stupid time.

And the best part is, YOUR stupid ass is going to give me a ride!

Happy St Pattys shout out to all the victims of Mass Hysteria!

#24 · (Edited)
I was so waiting him to come back with remark and that question!!! But, you'll do!! Sorry, I'm sarcastic but that's an Art. Love the dirty water and Even though the whole world is on Lock Down, there is place in the world about 40 miles north of you where we Live free or Die. We are not on Mandatory Lockdown, and we will have green beer!! Bet you can figure out the one place the whole world that is not on Lock down now@@

Sorry I don't pick up Moran's like you. Who give fu###k about Uber support. You know it is call center overseas and they paid peanut money to answer your stupid calls about promotion. I got no promotion after 6 years with Uber but I realized this is norm now with craziness going on but since your are so special decide to call Sunjay in India to complain about your lousy promotion.
Go get life and get real job.
Actually I own a small company and work from home. That's why I do Uber on the side, its a great way to get out of the house and pick up a little cash while doing it. I'm not sure what this Moron is doing right, but I haven't had a single week without a promotion in the last 4 years until this week......

Oh wait, this is better than I thought.... You thought I meant like a job promotion or something? You do know I meant like a streak bonus or a Quest or something right? I actually would feel bad if I called you a Moron back and found that you've been waiting 6 years for job promotion from Uber.......

I was so waiting him to come back with remark and that question!!! But, you'll do!! Sorry, I'm sarcastic but that's an Art. Love the dirty water and Even though the whole world is on Lock Down, there is place in the world about 40 miles north of you where we Live free or Die. We are not on Mandatory Lockdown, and we will have green beer!! Bet you can figure out the one place the whole world that is not on Lock down now@@

Actually I own a small company and work from home. That's why I do Uber on the side, its a great way to get out of the house and pick up a little cash while doing it. I'm not sure what this Moron is doing right, but I haven't had a single week without a promotion in the last 4 years until this week......

Oh wait, this is better than I thought.... You thought I meant like a job promotion or something? You do know I meant like a streak bonus or a Quest or something right? I actually would feel bad if I called you a Moron back and found that you've been waiting 6 years for job promotion from Uber.......

Dude, you really should read before you call people stupid and morons. I guess you missed the part where I told you support didn't know what saint patricks day was but told me that I should usually get promotions during holidays.

Dude, you really should read before you call people stupid and morons. I guess you missed the part where I told you support didn't know what saint patricks day was but told me that I should usually get promotions during holidays.
I'm ok with it though, slow at the office too and it is kinda fun trolling trolls:)

#26 ·
Your not trolling trolls. You signed up to this board TODAY because you were having a melt down that an Uber God such as yourself didn’t receive any incentives.

The world is going on lockdown but dammit how dare I not get an incentive to drive empty roads.

Pound sand in the Alabama of New England you schmuck.

#27 ·
Your not trolling trolls. You signed up to this board TODAY because you were having a melt down that an Uber God such as yourself didn't receive any incentives.

The world is going on lockdown but dammit how dare I not get an incentive to drive empty roads.

I'm ok with it though, slow at the office too and it is kinda fun trolling trolls:smiles:
Hey 17K driver do you expect Gupta from India Uber call center to know what St Patrick day is 😀 you are stupid by writing big essay how disappointed you are by Uber support office overseas and you spend half hour your valuable time talking to Gupta from India and he promised to get back to you about your lousy promotion and you were upset that he didn't know what is St Patrick day.
you run small company 😀 good luck🍀 luck on your company future and keep drinking green beer.

#31 · (Edited)
So funny! In this bad situation how you guys expect promotions.
Guess another that didn't read. The issue was nothing to do with "Expecting" promotions. The problem was finding out if there was no promotions intentionally or if it was an issue with the account, and Uber Support gave the wrong information and couldn't give an answer. What a stupid place to check to find out (uber forums) because Uber was unable to answer the question right?

Your not trolling trolls. You signed up to this board TODAY because you were having a melt down that an Uber God such as yourself didn't receive any incentives.

Nope, I signed up on this Forum today because Uber support told me I was supposed to have promos and they were going to fix it, then couldn't give me straight answer after I waited. What a stupid place to check (Uber Forums) right? Ya listen to people call you stupid or a moron and I like this one "Alabama of New England" - ya that is the definition of trolls and I hope me pushing back got you all upset - in Alabama at of New England at least we know whats going on a half hour away from us and we also no how to read a post. Like I said I was bored today and it was entertianing, happy st. Patty day to all!

No, I didn't know for sure. But when I checked the promotions and saw there was none, I didn't freak out and wonder why. There's a National emergency. Uber, Lyft, and everyone else is losing money. Join the club.
Whatever, simply asking other drivers what the truth is since Uber itself can't even tell you is "Freaking out". You guys are more than welcome to join us, your neighbors to the north, for green beer tomorrow - we aren't locked up here - life goes on and we aren't freaking out about the virus situation, we are simply dealing with it and taking precautions. Good luck!

#33 · (Edited)
Guess another that didn't read. The issue was nothing to do with "Expecting" promotions. The problem was finding out if there was no promotions intentionally or if it was an issue with the account, and Uber Support gave the wrong information and couldn't give an answer. What a stupid place to check to find out (uber forums) because Uber was unable to answer the question right?

Nope, I signed up on this Forum today because Uber support told me I was supposed to have promos and they were going to fix it, then couldn't give me straight answer after I waited. What a stupid place to check (Uber Forums) right? Ya listen to people call you stupid or a moron and I like this one "Alabama of New England" - ya that is the definition of trolls and I hope me pushing back got you all upset - in Alabama at of New England at least we know whats going on a half hour away from us and we also no how to read a post. Like I said I was bored today and it was entertianing, happy st. Patty day to all!

Whatever, simply asking other drivers what the truth is since Uber itself can't even tell you is "Freaking out". You guys are more than welcome to join us, your neighbors to the north, for green beer tomorrow - we aren't locked up here - life goes on and we aren't freaking out about the virus situation, we are simply dealing with it and taking precautions. Good luck!
How do you feel two weeks after your stupid rant?
DO You Understand why no one in this board surprised with no promotion?
Except you and that makes 17K Driver a poster child for the dumbest rideshare driver in new Hampshire
Enjoy your stimulus check and keep drinking green beer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.