Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'd like to explore the possibility of establishing a direct and discounted long-term relationship with an Uber LUX (Mercedes S class) driver who can drive me to and from work mon-fri and also drive me to Bath on Friday afternoon/evenings (or possibly early Saturday mornings) and then drive me back to London early Monday mornings.

Naturally, I'd be looking for a good deal for consistent work.

The details for the trips are:
Mon-fri Kensington to Notting Hill and back again at the end of each day (it's only a 5 minute drive each way)

Friday (or early saturday morn) drive from Notting Hill to Bath (100 miles exactly, taking 1.5 - 2 hours depending on traffic)

Monday morning (early) collect from Bath and drive back to London

If this is of interest to you or if any of you know someone who would be interested then please send me a message to discuss details, rates, etc.

Many thanks

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Hi all,

I'd like to explore the possibility of establishing a direct and discounted long-term relationship with an Uber LUX (Mercedes S class) driver who can drive me to and from work mon-fri and also drive me to Bath on Friday afternoon/evenings (or possibly early Saturday mornings) and then drive me back to London early Monday mornings.

Naturally, I'd be looking for a good deal for consistent work.

The details for the trips are:
Mon-fri Kensington to Notting Hill and back again at the end of each day (it's only a 5 minute drive each way)

Friday (or early saturday morn) drive from Notting Hill to Bath (100 miles exactly, taking 1.5 - 2 hours depending on traffic)

Monday morning (early) collect from Bath and drive back to London

If this is of interest to you or if any of you know someone who would be interested then please send me a message to discuss details, rates, etc.

Many thanks
I think you'll have problems with the Kensington to Notting Hill trips because the driver would have to keep some time clear before your pick-up time.
Hence he would be possibly missing out on other longer journeys.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
We dont know how much you're willing to pay, but Hogster is right. An Uber driver will have to keep the previous 3/4 hours before collection time free, and obviously wants to be paid for it. Hence most chauffeur firms will have a minimum fare equivalent to a W1-Heathrow run.

Better off catching a black taxi (or Boris Bike is the weather is nice) for the short trips, and request an UberLux for the Bath trip, and if you like the driver. ask the driver if they're available for the return, and possibly subsequent trips.

If I were able to do it, the weekly invoice will definitely be in four figures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you'll have problems with the Kensington to Notting Hill trips because the driver would have to keep some time clear before your pick-up time.
Hence he would be possibly missing out on other longer journeys.
Yes I considered this, but as I start early it could essentially be their first run of the day

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We dont know how much you're willing to pay, but Hogster is right. An Uber driver will have to keep the previous 3/4 hours before collection time free, and obviously wants to be paid for it. Hence most chauffeur firms will have a minimum fare equivalent to a W1-Heathrow run.

Better off catching a black taxi (or Boris Bike is the weather is nice) for the short trips, and request an UberLux for the Bath trip, and if you like the driver. ask the driver if they're available for the return, and possibly subsequent trips.

If I were able to do it, the weekly invoice will definitely be in four figures.
I did not realise the logistics would be so complicated. I figured that as there are obviously a lot of cars around Kensington every morning and evening then it would be viable and realistic to assume that some sort of flexible daily routine could be instated (like pickup between 6-6:30am and collect 6-6:30pm). The trip to Bath and back could fall at non-peak times of early saturday and monday mornings (say 4-5am) - before most other jobs are coming in.

But your comment that you'd charge four figures per week (i.e. £52,000+ per year) for such a simple and workable arrangement is scary - perhaps I missed or miscommunicated something as this seems way off track

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Uber Lux rates work out £400 each way give or take a few quid.

You may get some kind soul to drive that journey for £320 each way (ie 20% discount) but Exec rates are much cheaper if you can rough it in an E Class for s couple of hours

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
But your comment that you'd charge four figures per week (i.e. £52,000+ per year) for such a simple and workable arrangement is scary - perhaps I missed or miscommunicated something as this seems way off track
I've had a quick look at the rates a typical chauffeur company would charge for the work you're proposing.

http://www.careyuk.com/information/rate-card.html

Assuming you require 10 minimum fare runs a week plus a return to trip to Bath (100 miles) - I've taken the same fare as a central London to Southampton run (~80 miles).

In an Executive Saloon (E-Class), the fare will be £39 x 10 + £270 x 2 = £930 + VAT.

My quote of £1000 weekly is about right, in my opinion.

In a Luxury Saloon (S-Class), the weekly fare would be £77 x 10 + £372 x 2 = £1514 + VAT.

Most UberLux drivers work for other firms and/or have their own clients (and work for Uber when they're quiet for beer money), and I'm not sure if any would commit to doing two £15 minimum fare jobs (UberLux rates) 12 hours apart during their day, every weekday, when they possibly have to turn down existing, higher paying clients.

Furthermore, the quote for an UberLux, for Notting Hill to Bath is £419-£558.

I don't think my weekly quote of >£1000 seems at all unreasonable.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Would be much cheaper if you had your own S Class and employed a driver to work part time for you

£300 a week would be OK for a non ph driver

·
Premium Member
5,273 Posts
Yes I considered this, but as I start early it could essentially be their first run of the day
so rather than hope for a job en route to the big smoke, possibly to the wharf, a driver should sit in the morning traffic allowing for the worst then arrive in kensington (with work aplenty round there) keep his app switched of (losing the chance of a good job) to do your 5 minute job. then start his day?

I figured that as there are obviously a lot of cars around Kensington every morning and evening then it would be viable and realistic to assume that some sort of flexible daily routine could be instated (like pickup between 6-6:30am and collect 6-6:30pm)
yes there are lots of drivers there all day but are they the same drivers or do they drive people to different places in crazy, bizarre work type of situation in the vague hope of paying for their s class.

my advice would be to use uber. it's an app that vastly reduces transportation costs as no pre booking is required. there is an x version for bus users, an exec version for taxi turncoats and a lux version for people with bloated egos. sometimes cheap isn't cheap enough. though the way you tried re-squeezing this teabag i'd say you already cheap enough.

take care and i do sincerely mean that

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow, as if uber prices isn't low enough you want someone in a £70+k car to work for nothing? The rates you're complaining about wouldn't even pay for his car let alone his maintenance and expenses. Forget about even a living wage!

Sorry to sound harsh but this is as about as realistic as it comes, sure the bill seems expensive but for you to live a lifestyle it comes with a cost, the costs need to be in reflection and respect of the driver's investment. LondonEXEC is on point, perhaps you should be looking at public transport and local taxis....could save you a few bobs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'll do it for £1300 +VAT per week or £5K +VAT per month with upfront payment. And this is the discounted rate. It will be in the latest S Class LWB...

I'll look forward to not hearing from you soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look.. all these guys are just thirsty....

I can do it for £400 a week....

now I dont have an S-Class as requested but do have a 57" Maybach which looks like an S-Class but for less wealthy people

Here I am next to my beloved Maybach

let me know if you need my services

·
Premium Member
2,121 Posts
Ill do it as long as I can have full use of your house/apartment in Kensington while you are away. .........and as getting from one end of Bath to another on a sat morning could take an hour you will have to revise your time allowed ,thankyou

1 - 20 of 22 Posts