Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 401 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,337 Posts
There was something that bliped on my screen about auto-accepting rides.... why would I do that? do they want me to cancel more or something? Who comes up with that stuff.... how about, lyft, use your think tank to figure out how to stay in California.... oh wait, you threw in the towel already... well good thing I was holding those puts, they paid off more than I ever made on lyft.

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
There was something that bliped on my screen about auto-accepting rides.... why would I do that? do they want me to cancel more or something? Who comes up with that stuff.... how about, lyft, use your think tank to figure out how to stay in California.... oh wait, you threw in the towel already... well good thing I was holding those puts, they paid off more than I ever made on lyft.
Playing chicken with Gavin Newsom on a social justice issue is rather dumb.

Abandoning the 5th largest economy in the world is rather dumb.

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
I’ll probably at least give priority a try just to see if there’s any improvement on the rides that I get. Long pickups will always be no-no’s for me on lyft but if there’s some way to get priority to interface nicely with long trips via destination filter, then the pay might actually be with it. We’ll have to see on August 24

·
Premium Member
2,840 Posts
I'll probably at least give priority a try just to see if there's any improvement on the rides that I get. Long pickups will always be no-no's for me on lyft but if there's some way to get priority to interface nicely with long trips via destination filter, then the pay might actually be with it. We'll have to see on August 24
Long trips are the least economical in a lot of cases unless you drive an EV (though of course we still favour long trips since it's a large chunk of earnings at once) . Doing them for less pay only makes that situation worse.

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
Long trips are the least economical in a lot of cases unless you drive an EV (though of course we still favour long trips since it's a large chunk of earnings at once) . Doing them for less pay only makes that situation worse.
I take the opposite view to you. Long trips are the big earners; however, you need to analyze the final destination of the trip and the day of the week that you take the trip. If it is going to place that you cannot pick up a fare or get a trip home than it is a losing proposition. And, in terms of stress on your vehicle, long trips put less wear and tear on your vehicle if 90% of the trip is highway driving with little traffic.

BTW, my favorite are those long trips on the 407ETR. Just fantastic, no traffic, car on cruise control, no potholes on the road.....just heaven.

1 - 20 of 401 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.