Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to compare the official insurance rates required before HB-2135 was passed in 2015 becoming active in 2016 for an honors research project. Can anyone forward me the official laws, bills, or changes?

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
I am trying to compare the official insurance rates required before HB-2135 was passed in 2015 becoming active in 2016 for an honors research project. Can anyone forward me the official laws, bills, or changes?
Before Uber's arrival the fare for hire industry was overseen by the AZ Dept of Weights and Measures. Now, since our easily bribed governor has opened the door for Uber to "do as they please" the entire industry is being overseen by AZ Dept of Transportation. You should research all the commercial insurance companies that have pulled out of AZ due to our new governors HB 2135. An average commercial policy has jumped in price 25% since HB 2135 has been enacted.
In Feb 2015 Glendale AZ hosted the Super Bowl and the head of Weights and Measures along with Glendale police had a sting operation setup to ticket all Uber drivers operating without commercial insurance. Operating commercially without proper insurance is a criminal offense here in AZ. It carries the same punishment as a DUI. About a week before the Super Bowl the governor caught wind of the planned sting operation and immediately fired the head of Weights and Measures.
Our beloved Governor Ducey's biggest attribute to this state will be his complete backing of Uber. HB 2135 was composed in only a few weeks. Governor Ducey signed an executive order not only to allow Uber to operate its driverless fleet freely, but for all the governing agency's to immediately confirm all rules and regulations to allow driverless vehicles.
In closing if I were you I would wait a few more years before comparing insurance rates. It's estimated that over 80% of Uber drivers do not have the rideshare endorsement or a commercial policy.

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
^He's still mad about it lol. And apparently never sleeps. Quite dangerous for someone who claims to drive people around. I guess Seal Man has had many sleepless nights ever since Uber & Lyft came into town and sank his over-priced rideshare business. Poor lil guy.

Rock on, Govenor Ducey!!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
You should talk to one of the insurance agents that offer the Rideshare Endorsement or TNC Endorsement. That's where you will get real data. This site isn't going to a reliable source to quote in your paper.

I think it was Farmers that was the big name offering TNC coverage.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
I guess Seal Man has had many sleepless nights ever since Uber & Lyft came into town

Rock on, Govenor Ducey!!!
You're absolutely correct. After finishing my $500 charters at 3am I'm back on the road at 6am for my $80 airport runs. I've never worked so much in my life as in the past two years.
Let me give you some friendly advice. If you're going to try and belittle someone at least learn how to spell a 4th grade word like governor.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
You're absolutely correct. After finishing my $500 charters at 3am I'm back on the road at 6am for my $80 airport runs. I've never worked so much in my life as in the past two years.
Let me give you some friendly advice. If you're going to try and belittle someone at least learn how to spell a 4th grade word like governor.
I have no dog in this fight but......
(Whisper) it's "agencies" not "agency's" in your prior post.;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm used to the middle school arguments ^. So I'm just going to ignore the pettiness among fellow "adults". What I am seeking is the insurance requirements by law before and after the change?

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
I'm used to the middle school arguments ^. So I'm just going to ignore the pettiness among fellow "adults". What I am seeking is the insurance requirements by law before and after the change?
It was basically minimum commercial coverage of $300k for up to 7 passengers and $750k for 8 or more passengers. Anything over 16 passengers required a CDL. That was before HB 2135.

I have no dog in this fight but......
(Whisper) it's "agencies" not "agency's" in your prior post.;)
You're right, I was speaking of plural not possessive.

Sorry about the grade school behavior, but you'll find some of the forum members will only post antagonistic remarks and never input any relative information. ACHUMA is one of the biggest antagonizers in the Phoenix Forum. He is fka San Pedro Lover and was expelled by the moderators about a year ago. I'm sure it won't be too long before the same happens again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts