Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I'll get a text message from a customer that kind of ticks me off, like the old, "Where are you!" but I'll let it go because...I mean, what do I care, really? But yesterday, I let a paxhole get to me. To wit:

At our dinky little airport, the rideshare pickup point is at the opposite end of the terminal from where the taxis are - we're down by Departures, not Baggage Claim as you would assume. It's a pain for the riders. I get a ping and go to the designated spot. I get a text from my pax, "Hey, I'm at the far end of Baggage Claim, you can pick me up here."

Uhhh, no? I send him my usual response, which is, "Hey man, at this goofy airport, the ONLY place that rideshare cars can pick up is..." blah blah blah. "Sorry."

He immediately shoots back, "I do this all the time and it's never been a problem."

Oh? I'm not usually like this, but i wasn't in the mood. I texted him: "You know what? You're right, it's not a problem at all." Then I cancelled. it took a few moments between me sending the text and getting the cancellation done (apparently they want a reason, and I've never done the procedure before believe it or not), so I hope he read my response. By this time I can see him walking towards me. But I pull off anyway. He sees me going by, and I can hear him yelling my name. Sorry, sucka, find another Uber driver to argue with. I pull back into the Rideshare Waiting Area and almost immediately get another ping which ends up being a nice trip.

If you're going to argue with me, do it after we've started the trip, when we can rate each other. Pissing me off before we even meet gets you shuffled. It ought to be a rule.

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,453 Posts
Sometimes I'll get a text message from a customer that kind of ticks me off, like the old, "Where are you!" but I'll let it go because...I mean, what do I care, really? But yesterday, I let a paxhole get to me. To wit:

At our dinky little airport, the rideshare pickup point is at the opposite end of the terminal from where the taxis are - we're down by Departures, not Baggage Claim as you would assume. It's a pain for the riders. I get a ping and go to the designated spot. I get a text from my pax, "Hey, I'm at the far end of Baggage Claim, you can pick me up here."

Uhhh, no? I send him my usual response, which is, "Hey man, at this goofy airport, the ONLY place that rideshare cars can pick up is..." blah blah blah. "Sorry."

He immediately shoots back, "I do this all the time and it's never been a problem."

Oh? I'm not usually like this, but i wasn't in the mood. I texted him: "You know what? You're right, it's not a problem at all." Then I cancelled. it took a few moments between me sending the text and getting the cancellation done (apparently they want a reason, and I've never done the procedure before believe it or not), so I hope he read my response. By this time I can see him walking towards me. But I pull off anyway. He sees me going by, and I can hear him yelling my name. Sorry, sucka, find another Uber driver to argue with. I pull back into the Rideshare Waiting Area and almost immediately get another ping which ends up being a nice trip.

If you're going to argue with me, do it after we've started the trip, when we can rate each other. Pissing me off before we even meet gets you shuffled. It ought to be a rule.
I tell them I could get a ticket
if I go outside of the designated area.
One thing I did notice us the ones that
are going to complain or whine about things
know not to do it on the ride now
I'm sure because they have been
put out on the spot before

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
"Please hurry. My daughter is having an allergic reaction and is having trouble breathing. We need to get to the ER right away."

Right. I'll use the red lights and siren.
UberAmbulance on the way.
I picked up a guy once at 1 a.m. for a ride to the hospital. I'm suspicious right away so I asked him if he was ok. He told me he worked at the hospital (and he had a name patch on his shirt). OK, sounds reasonable, so I started the trip. He was quite the whole way until he started moaning about 2 miles from the hospital. He said "hurry I think my appendix is about to burst" WTF! I got suckered.

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,453 Posts
I picked up a guy once at 1 a.m. for a ride to the hospital. I'm suspicious right away so I asked him if he was ok. He told me he worked at the hospital (and he had a name patch on his shirt). OK, sounds reasonable, so I started the trip. He was quite the whole way until he started moaning about 2 miles from the hospital. He said "hurry I think my appendix is about to burst" WTF! I got suckered.
Yea well dont burst in the car
unless you wanna pay a cleanup fee..
My sons graduation is tomorrow and a couple days ago his roommate came down w covid
Sucks to be us I guess...

·
Premium Member
27,059 Posts
We have some awesome little pockets at the airport where it looks like im in the pick up area but im actually on another floor...haha...shuffle baby 😀
Dulles and Reagan Airports both had the dropoff and arrivals on different floors.

The Uber and Lyft apps don't have altimeter in them.

It was amazingly easy to go to the dropoff level and Shuffle. We even called it the Qatar Shuffle because you'd be under the sign for Qatar Airlines.

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
He is in quarantine through the ceremony
and we arent going....
I’m sorry. Usually the ceremony is more for the benefit of the parents but I hope your son doesn’t feel too bad about missing it.

My two youngest (the twins) graduated College in 2020 and had no ceremony due to Covid. My wife and I were very disappointed but both my kids couldn’t have cared less! Still it’s a major milestone and needs to be celebrated and recognized. Congratulations to you and your wife as well as your son. I’m sure you’re very proud.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Koenigsegg Regera
7,721 Posts
Yea well dont burst in the car
unless you wanna pay a cleanup fee..
My sons graduation is tomorrow and a couple days ago his roommate came down w covid
Sucks to be us I guess...
My son's graduation is Friday the 27th. His last day of school was March 11th. Who the heck thought it was a good idea to schedule graduation on Memorial Day Weekend Friday??? :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,453 Posts
My son's graduation is Friday the 27th. His last day of school was March 11th. Who the heck thought it was a good idea to schedule graduation on Memorial Day Weekend Friday??? :banghead:
Well idt anyone ever said education
was intelligence related.
Congrats on the graduation
Mine just missed the ceremony because
one of his roommates came down w covid...

·
Super Moderator
2022 Koenigsegg Regera
7,721 Posts
Well idt anyone ever said education
was intelligence related.
Congrats on the graduation
Mine just missed the ceremony because
one of his roommates came down w covid...
Thanks, this is my 4th and final graduating High school. Other son graduated the first year of COVID and had no graduation ceremony. They did a virtual graduation online. Streamed speeches from key people that were recorded earlier, then read off names as they showed student pictures. It was kind of stupid. Diplomas were mailed out after students returned their school issued laptops.

Reactions: Seamus

·
Premium Member
10,333 Posts
What really gets me is Uber shows you where to be picked up at the airport at the very top of the screen. Directions and everything!

People honestly do not read the app at all. They just click on what's needed and skip the rest
I think most of them read it just fine. The ones who pull this crap just don't want to walk and they surely don't. I will tell them sure, no problem, wait till it's time to cancel and shuffle them.

·
Premium Member
15,434 Posts
I had to drop my car off for maintenance this morning.
I live 1.7 miles from the mechanic.
Needed to be there at 8am.
Wifey has been sick, I didn't want to wake her.

Dropped the car on time. Decided to walk home. Checked on google maps and it said it would take me about a half hour.
No big deal.

I walked it.
What is a 1.7mi walk? Nothing.
In fact, it felt good.
Air was crisp, sun out ... about 66F ...

Wifey was all "You shudda woke me up. You shudda took an Uber."
Why?
What's wrong with a half hour walk?

It FELT good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts