Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use a pre paid debit car for direct deposit, if so what card? I don't want to use my checking acct.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
***Anyone use a pre paid debit car for direct deposit,***

I don't, but looked into it....cuz i didn't want to give Uber my bank info. the Wal-Mart card is probably you're best bet.

It's something like $3.99 for the card. The card wiill probably be available at the Wal-Mart on 47th and Cottage Grove.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Is that an option? I don't remember when they asked for my back acct.

I signed up for a "free" PNC checking account. Free as long as I have more than 500 in direct deposits (so far so good). This also prevents me from checking my balance while drunk one day and spending my maintenance/depreciation/tax money.

Once Uber pays me, I pay myself by transferring my portion into my personal account, and leaving the rest behind

Before Ubering, I also fill up my tank from my personal account, then at the end of driving I fill up again from the maintenance account. It keeps everything nice and separate, helps me with receipts for the IRS, and makes sure I'm never spending even a dime for Uber.

I started it with 200 and once the "maintenace / gas" portion got high enough to be comfortable, I took my 200 back out. It's now self-sufficient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts