Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I picked up a pax by SFO at ~2pm going to the Inter Continental Hotel. Waze was showing an extended ETA, but didn't think much of it. As we're getting closer, Waze starts constantly changing the route with the ETA swinging wildly. Looking at Waze, I could see road closures around the drop off and as I start talking to the pax about this, he gets a call from his wife who's already at the hotel saying the place is swarming with secret service and cops, turns out this was Obama's hotel for the night. I managed to get the pax close, about a block and a half away in the middle of a very deserted and closed 5th st. As I'm getting out of there, a cop down on the corner is standing there looking at me shaking his head back and forth. Turns out I dropped off the pax in the middle of a barricaded no mans land, and he was going to have to walk many blocks around the area. Oh well...

I continued driving the afternoon, but kept getting drop offs within a block of the Inter Continental. I was able to get the pax's close each time, but I kept getting left in grid lock. After the third drop off there at around 5:30 I threw in the towel and headed home. It took me 90 minutes to get home to San Bruno.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Funny thing is, Obama landed at Moffet, took a helicopter to Crissy Field, then motorcaded to his hotel in SOMA, but his only event was speaking this morning at Stanford. Turns out the Intercontental is his favorite hotel and he wanted to stay there and since he is POTUS, he can stay anywhere he wants...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We shouldn't be paying to house the president in these expensive hotels.

They should stay at military bases. In the barracks. Surrounded by the military sworn to defend them. (Of course "work place violence" by the next Major Nidal Malik Hasan might occur) They're already "secure", are not part of any civilian traffic areas, and generally screwyoupoliticians.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I ALMOST got stuck in his traffic on 101 this morning when I took a surge ride to Foster City, but thankfully missed it by a couple of minutes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts