Uber Drivers Forum banner

Potential lockdown

9K views 132 replies 26 participants last post by  Iuber 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Not yet,
20,000 beds , only using 1,300

ICU 1,500 using less than 100
that shows a basic misunderstanding of the hosp situation... staffing! Having said that a lockdown would solve exactly zero problems.
Curious Mulder. As a full timer do you see any point in QR code checking your pax? Sure you will get alerts to monitor for symptoms but , hey, aren't you doing that already? I'm not sure if there is any point but what do you think?

#28 ·
Clayton's lockdown is happening from next week

Nightclubs to ckose

#30 ·
12 people died last week.

47,900 new cases last week. 0.025 percent
25,690,000 people

The leading cause of death in Oz is heart disease.
The second leading cause is dementia (I can see the beginnings of that in many here).

The pandemic is over.

Resolved

#41 ·
UB is a cool guy, he's got something to say and says it. I don't necessarily always agree but the world would be pretty dull if we all agreed on everything. Actually, most people agree on most things that are in the best interests of humanity, wellbeing if you like. It's just the finer points or the nitty gritty that people often have different perspectives on. What's important here is how your perspective is put across. I think you would agree Mr Youber 😊.

#51 ·
Infectious diseases throughout history have been named for geographic locations where they were thought to have originated: Spanish flu, West Nile virus, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, Zika and Ebola, to name a few.

Also, diseases are commonly named after a person. The doctor that discovered it or isolated it, the person it affected.
Lou Gehrig disease, Crohn's, Parkinson's to name a few.

So, why not name it China Virus, or Xi's disease?

#64 ·
I will not get booster shot by then and no intention unless restricted to fly internationally but UK and Ireland no longer require negative Covid test on arrival.
Hot tip 🔥

Why would you not want to minimise your chance of ANY respiratory illness when going on a long haul flight, irrespective of any laws/regulation?

I once was heading home from Vegas via LA. Was sick a few days earlier. Thought I had recovered well enough for the long haul flight across the Pacific. A few hours in, I regretted boarding. Nothing you can do. Trying to suppress coughs, blowing your nose and just enough fever to prevent you from sleeping. Horrible. And would not be fun for anyone seated near you either.

Oh, with heat sensors in customs / immigration these days, if you do arrive sick....... I am sure you stand an increased chance of getting a pat down or even a cavity search.☹ A sweaty body could get mistaken for nervousness. Not how I would choose to start my trip. Each to their own.

Safe travels.

#65 ·
I am.planning to go Qantas from Darwin

16.5 hours direct to London.

Uk , no negative test requirement and same with Qantas although presumably temperature check.

Each to their own mate and I have no qualms going now.

I am going to book just before I go so nothing certain.

My son's football coach flew to Spain at xmas and cannot fly back to Sydney now as has Covid.

We live in uncertain times but time for me to get back and if I pick up Covid there then so be it.

#73 ·
My answer was tongue in cheek- I assume I got Omricron like 25-40% of NSW population in last 4 weeks so it is same effect as booster shot without the side effects for vast majority as evidenced by very low ICU numbers.

I will not be getting booster shot unless restricted by intl travel guidelines-simple as that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.