Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we allowed to place "no mask, no ride" or "must wear mask signs" the window or door of the passenger side of our vehicles?

·
5,880 Posts
You are an independent contractor post what you want. I see Uber cars in the Miami area all the time, plastered with no mask no ride signs. No entry on front passenger window. Plastic shield between the seats, also plastered with signs.

·
Premium Member
7,241 Posts
Are we allowed to place "no mask, no ride" or "must wear mask signs" the window or door of the passenger side of our vehicles?
Post whatever you want. But ask yourself what you're likely to accomplish.

If you're trying to make political statement, it'll accomplish that. (I have no idea why a particular political party took the position they did on masks.)

If you're trying to get people to wear masks, I'm not sure it'll make much difference.

You may have some other motive. Consider what it is, I'd suggest.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Post whatever you want. But ask yourself what you're likely to accomplish.

If you're trying to make political statement, it'll accomplish that. (I have no idea why a particular political party took the position they did on masks.)

If you're trying to get people to wear masks, I'm not sure it'll make much difference.

You may have some other motive. Consider what it is, I'd suggest.
Rather, ask yourself how posting a senseless, convaluted response, accomplishes anything for the driver!

·
Premium Member
14,727 Posts
You can, but the results might be mixed on what happens. I have one of the placard Uber sent out that says in small font driver and pax must wear a mask; that I actually hung up in the car. Pretty sure that is going to have mixed reactions as well. Also includes a blurb on tipping the driver during this 'time'.

Now if I can just manage to commit to going online and accepting pings. Having a time getting over 13 months not doing that.

·
Premium Member
11,584 Posts
View attachment 593958

Not gonna risk it, speaking for myself.
You're graphic doesn't account for one thing (possibly more, but this is the one I know! LOL)...

Covid19 is new. COVID isn't. There was already a base to work from to formulate the vaccine. They didn't have to start from scratch. That's why it could be formulated much faster, and some data from trials, etc., was able to be used. Not all, of course, but some.

Also, in most cases, the FDA forces all this length of time stuff simply to bottleneck the workload, and satisfy politics and pharmaceutical companies lobby objectives.

Gotta keep the money rolling along, right?

And, for the record, this isn't about one party or the other. It's about 💰💰💰, plain and simple.

·
Premium Member
14,727 Posts
Reactions: rkozy

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
Yes but your sign should be comprehensive to cover all possible scenarios:
ATTENTION PASSENGERS
- Masks Required.
-Adult Diapers required for those who are incontinent.
-Adult Diapers required for those subject to anal leakage.
-Tampons or Pads required for passengers experiencing code red.
-Farting or offensive odors are forbidden.

Feel free to copy and past for your sign. You're welcome!

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
We are 14 months into this nonsense. Your pax have been reminded everyday to wear a mask by MSM, they dont need you to remind them. I dont believe your sign will make a difference. I just dont see it being beneficial. Think about it, if a pax doesnt like your sign, then most likely he'll 1 star you and make your rating drop so far down you may get deactivated or they can also make a false BS report against you and who you think uber is gonna believe?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts