Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your shortest trip.

This was a destination filtered request. It worked, I drove 5 miles to get this guy which was in the direction I wanted to end up and literally drove .25 miles north. This was a round trip at that. I was all happy thinking about how much closer I would be to home.

Then, the reality of Uber hit me, all I could think was is this really happening and this guy is plain lazy. It was even a shorter walk. Then I thought about ending the ride and driving off or just going off on this guy. I decided to keep my composure and chalk this up as a waste of 20 minutes of my life. 1* for him and affirmation that we all get burned and the destination filter actually works, sort of!

upload_2016-6-27_11-51-40.png

·
Registered
643 Posts
Well on the bright side you at least had .25 miles of your trip home paid for. I've had quite a few TCU students going 0.3 - 0.5 miles. Why walk when you can call an Uber? After all dad's paying for it.

You must have had to drive further just to be able to end the trip. Ugh!!!

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
I took a car load of SMU girls from Trophy Room to Idle Rich Pub. $10 tip, too.

Another group I carried from the Stoneleigh P to Citizen. The apps said that trip was too short, so I drove around the block until I was paid...laughing.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have had enough of those puke 2.64 rides. Now i call the pax chat them up tell them i'm on my way and ask where they are going. Short ride? CANCEL. Had enough. The MINIMUM for anyone getting in an Uber car should be 5 bucks TAKE HOME to the driver. As far as i'm concerned any less they can hop a bus or walk.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I'm not going to dig through my trip history to find it, but I remembered the trip anyway so recreated a map of it.

Two girls who had parked at the starting point (north/starting point), going to Katy Trail Ice House. We didn't make it into the parking lot due to traffic, so they got out at the marked point and walked the rest of the way.

Keep in mind, they requested the ride because they "didn't want to walk".

short_ride.png

If I remember correctly, it took me ~10 minutes to locate them to get them into the car. It was maybe a 10 minute walk from the pickup to their destination (factoring heels, etc.).

·
Registered
54 Posts
My shortest was 2 blocks ... from 4th & Union to 2nd & Union. Young lady was going to graduate later in the day and wanted to go from her apartment to a bar without working up a sweat.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well on the bright side you at least had .25 miles of your trip home paid for. I've had quite a few TCU students going 0.3 - 0.5 miles. Why walk when you can call an Uber? After all dad's paying for it.

You must have had to drive further just to be able to end the trip. Ugh!!!
It was a round trip so I gained .25 miles and then lost it. :mad:

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
What a joke this all is. .uber has created a society that cannot walk. Why walk down the block when you can get a private car for 5 bucks? ?

We drive farther and takes more time than it would take their lazy asses to just walk.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Post your shortest trip.

This was a destination filtered request. It worked, I drove 5 miles to get this guy which was in the direction I wanted to end up and literally drove .25 miles north. This was a round trip at that. I was all happy thinking about how much closer I would be to home.

Then, the reality of Uber hit me, all I could think was is this really happening and this guy is plain lazy. It was even a shorter walk. Then I thought about ending the ride and driving off or just going off on this guy. I decided to keep my composure and chalk this up as a waste of 20 minutes of my life. 1* for him and affirmation that we all get burned and the destination filter actually works, sort of!

View attachment 46330
Don't Forget Uber limits u to 2 of those destination trip filter routes per day. Use them wisely! Wait that's the problem, I want a filter that also takes me a certain distance and makes me $$$ so that I at least I know my time is valuable. After all I am doing this to help Uber make money when I am basically tired and done driving for the evening!

·
Registered
961 Posts
This was yesterday too and it was a filtered destination. She went from Walmart to target.

I did have one Friday nite, for 2 blocks. From Main St to Elm st in deep ellum. Out of towners. But they did give a $4 tip (Lyft).
"Walmart to Target" .....This should never happen as there is NO WAY i will pick anyone up from a store especially a grocery store. Short trip something will leak in your car and they already spent their money so NO TIP.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The shortest I might have had was from the 7/11 in deep ellum to the dart train station on Good Lattimer. I was able to convince them to ride with me the whole way instead of taking the train. Took them up to Mockingbird Station, so it was still a short-to-mid ride, but at least it turned into something.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do recall a ride when I pickup a couple on West 7th (Reservoir). It was surging decently, he doesn't remember where his car was. I drive him down the street and he realizes his car was closer than he thought. He tipped me $20 for the confusion.

I think he was trying to show up for his girl. That was by far my most profitable short ride.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Don't Forget Uber limits u to 2 of those destination trip filter routes per day. Use them wisely!
I finally was able to try the filter Saturday morning around 6am. The filter stays on after a trip. I suppose that means until you get to your filtered destination. I only got a short trip but was still active afterwards.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Post your shortest trip.

View attachment 46330
2 feet! I used to slide the bar and reveal the destination, especially when they made me wait or the area was in surge mode. If they didn't come out quick or had a very short destination, I ended trip and took off!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't Forget Uber limits u to 2 of those destination trip filter routes per day. Use them wisely! Wait that's the problem, I want a filter that also takes me a certain distance and makes me $$$ so that I at least I know my time is valuable. After all I am doing this to help Uber make money when I am basically tired and done driving for the evening!
Well said friend..but I can't believe in your fact since uber can't restrict their drivers trip by saying that you can take only 2 trips per day.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
I had a college student in University City use my car as a U-Haul to move about one and a half blocks. He held a fish bowl in his arms in my backseat. Ridiculous.

Fortunately, next ping came literally from across the street from his destination. She had to wait until we unloaded his junk from my trunk. She was a normal rider.

·
Registered
352 Posts
"Walmart to Target" .....This should never happen as there is NO WAY i will pick anyone up from a store especially a grocery store. Short trip something will leak in your car and they already spent their money so NO TIP.
Typically yes, but this is on my way home. So why not. She had 1 bag of feminine products... guess she didnt find it all at Wallyworld.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah, the problem with this is if you work the late nights and crosses midnight, you use the 2 for the next day. And if you decide to work the next day but not late (say midday), you may be out of luck. I wish they would allow you to bank 1 for each day you drive. But that would be way to driver friendly.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts