Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
We have ABN's, we must file BAS each quarter, we are small business. Government may test by the number of employees as to how small a small business is.
Having an ABN doesn't make you a small business. We are independent contractors but for the purposes of this stimulus, I seriously doubt they would consider us eligible.

We can only wait and see.

·
Banned
1,955 Posts
Having an ABN doesn't make you a small business. We are independent contractors but for the purposes of this stimulus, I seriously doubt they would consider us eligible.

We can only wait and see.
Wrong again. Having an ABN and having to file BAS and collect GST makes you a small business!

Self employed = small business.

ABN stands for Australian business number (in case you missed that).

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Wrong again. Having an ABN and having to file BAS and collect GST makes you a small business!

I agree, we are eligible for the small business tax write off so if they do give $500 to small businesses then that would be us.

Wonder when the Aldi 60 inch smart tv is coming back.

Well if was a fun rumour, but looks like no cash for us unless you have an apprentice.

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts

ABN stands for Australian business number (in case you missed that).
I'm fully aware. However, anyone can get an ABN within minutes, leaving the system open for rampant abuse. Hence by comment that we would likely be ineligible because it won't be based on who has an ABN. The LNP don't like giving out money so they wouldn't make something so easy to exploit.

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
The announcement said this applies to businesses which employ people. Not sole traders. There may be something in the detail which contradicts this but it seems that it does not apply to rideshare.
Sole traders can still employ people. It doesn't mean just a single person in the business. However, yes, it doesn't apply to us.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Who gets household stimulus payments?

Around 6.5 million lower income Australians will receive a one-off $750 payment aimed at boosting domestic demand in the economy, costing the budget $4.76bn.

The payment will be made to all social security, veteran and other income support recipients and eligible concession card holders. This includes those on Newstart, those on a seniors card, and families receiving family tax benefits.

Around half of those that will benefit are pensioners.

I heard Tom and Rita on the gold coast have applied ( Get well guys your legends)

Yes Johnny was corona related was doing my bit to spread it, and the virus too but appreciate the thought :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
I agree, we are eligible for the small business tax write off so if they do give $500 to small businesses then that would be us.

Wonder when the Aldi 60 inch smart tv is coming back.

Well if was a fun rumour, but looks like no cash for us unless you have an apprentice.
You can keep a sandeep in the boot and claim you have an apprentice.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
How come we now have an ALP party and an ALP light party in this country now?, what happened to the frugal Libbos?
Politicians acting like santa claus, first stealing everyones money at gunpoint and then giving it back to them like some sort benevolent king, what a joke, no wonder this country is ****ed!
If you haven't got a few bucks stashed away for an emergency and have to rely on ********* in Canberra to save you then maybe you deserve to die anyway, you know Darwinism and all 👍

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.