Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to log into the app yesterday for the first time in about a week. I had to resubmit my insurance and registration info but that's normal. I was then told i cant drive here and if i wanted to drive in a "new city" i have some hoops to jump through. I live in portland and have been driving here all along, about eight months now; but i've also driven in boston. When i signed up i guess i signed up thru the boston division or what not. Before i started contacting "support" i believe i was only able to drive in boston and nowhere else. But now one of the support messages said my account was on hold or some shit, so i cant even drive down there if i wanted to.

My real issue is that when i look at my documents, i see that a "portland business license" is missing and well as some inspection form. When did this happen? Anyone else have to go out and get a business license. Frustratingly, when i try to go online for help i only end up with information regarding the other (west coast) portland.

TL,DR; Where do i get this "portland business license"?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I know I made the mistake after 7 or 8 emails with uber help trying to get mails from the portland maine office rather then the Burlington VT office of asking to be set in just Portland not portland maine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is that how you resolved it?, just specifying portland maine and there was no business license nonsense? I would like to have the option to drive in boston whenever i like. i used to be able to. But i suppose that's no longer and option, ill have to stick to one city. But i'm not really sure what they think my home city is.

i work my real job in customer service, so uber support is especially frustrating. It feels like their CS department is entirely imaginary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts