Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone considered just working for a cab company and driving a company vehicle that's legitimate? Theoretically you could work for a cab company and have your uber app turned on to increase your odds of getting a ride request. Just keep it up till you get fired. Might be a good way to increase earnings. I know I've thought about it.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
It's against the rules. If customer complains to Uber they dump you, if Customer complains to cab company, they dump you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, have you thought about just driving a taxi instead? What companies could give you similar flexibility to Uber?

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
So, have you thought about just driving a taxi instead? What companies could give you similar flexibility to Uber?
None. You have to start hours before it gets busy to make sure you get a car then sit around and not get paid while you wait for it to get busy. You have to pay rent on the car even when you don't make any money. And they rent them for 12 hours straight. 888 does a 40/60 split. I don't trust their cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
internet is the best option to know the review about any company. i also heard the many complaints against uber. you can visit these blog for legit review about them :

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
What if you keep Uber on when driving the taxi, then cancel the Uber ride but show up at the pickup location in the taxi? Do it when you're the only driver out there at 4 am and youll get people who will hail your taxi because they need to go to the airport and their Uber driver canceled on them. Best of both worlds: the Uber dispatch and taxi rates

·
Registered
66 Posts
What if you keep Uber on when driving the taxi, then cancel the Uber ride but show up at the pickup location in the taxi? Do it when you're the only driver out there at 4 am and youll get people who will hail your taxi because they need to go to the airport and their Uber driver canceled on them. Best of both worlds: the Uber dispatch and taxi rates
Youll probably fall below the 80% acceptance rate real quick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts