Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That’s supposed to say poopy. Lol

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to take a much bigger cut of the surge prices now? I went back and did some math on surge fares before they changed it and I was getting 75% of the fare after the booking fee. Now I’m getting 55-65%. This was one ride last night. Rider told me he was charged $27, so I was shocked when I was paid $13.

Driver Charged: 27.27
Booking Fee: 2.65
Uber Seevice Fee: 11.51

Uber takes 46.7% of fare after booking fee.

Using their fare calculator they charged him 17.46 in surge, of which I got $5.75. Why are they suddenly taking 2/3 of the surge price?

There seems to be no consistency either because the ride before that they charged 29.30 in surge prices and I received 16.08 which is slightly more than half the surge fare.

I have sent them a help message regarding this...12 hours later, no response.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Did you not look at the numbers in the orange surge area on the map? Zoom in, it tells you exactly the dollar amount your surge will be per surge ride. No more multipliers... No more "percentage" of the pax fare to the driver. Per mile/minute is what you get paid. This is very old news.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m sorry that I don’t keep up on the day to day Happenings in the Uber world. My understanding when I read the terms on the new surge pricing was that the amount shown on the map was the minimum surge for that area, meaning other rides could get more. I did a ride last night where the map showed $7 and my surge was $16. But none of that explains why they’re charging the ride $30 in surge and only giving the driver half of that.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If I wanted to continue driving I had to agree to it. Don't be a shithead. If you can't help move on.
Of course you had to agree to keep driving. Still no excuse not to read it. Not only that, there were in app explanations for the surge. Let me guess you didn't read that either? Just clicked through it? And you don't need our help for this. You can help yourself on this one. Plus there's already multiple threads in the Phoenix section talking about this. And a few on the main pages. I haven't even driven since like March and i know how the new surge works. And here you are jonesing for your next $2.80 ride and are clueless.

I'm sorry that I don't keep up on the day to day Happenings in the Uber world. My understanding when I read the terms on the new surge pricing was that the amount shown on the map was the minimum surge for that area, meaning other rides could get more. I did a ride last night where the map showed $7 and my surge was $16. But none of that explains why they're charging the ride $30 in surge and only giving the driver half of that.
That was explained over a year ago when they released the new pricing structure. You didn't read that one either did you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of course you had to agree to keep driving. Still no excuse not to read it. Not only that, there were in app explanations for the surge. Let me guess you didn't read that either? Just clicked through it? And you don't need our help for this. You can help yourself on this one. Plus there's already multiple threads in the Phoenix section talking about this. And a few on the main pages. I haven't even driven since like March and i know how the new surge works. And here you are jonesing for your next $2.80 ride and are clueless.

That was explained over a year ago when they released the new pricing structure. You didn't read that one either did you?
That was over a year ago? Cuz it just changed at the end of May. Looking at my rides in early May, this was not the pricing structure.

Thanks for letting me know how worthless this forum is though. Off to delete my account.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That was over a year ago? Cuz it just changed at the end of May. Looking at my rides in early May, this was not the pricing structure.

Thanks for letting me know how worthless this forum is though. Off to delete my account.
This forum is far from worthless. You're capable of doing a Google search to find it but incapable of doing a search through the threads to find your info? It's not us that are worthless. It's your patience and your sense of due diligence.
Product Communication Device Office supplies Gadget Font
Font Material property Screenshot Terrestrial plant Software

Holy cow would you look at that?

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
No one wants to do their own footwork anymore, they just want to be told everything. Over and over again.

2017 in May, Uber separated driver's fare from pax fare. There is zero relationship between the 2. And zero relationship between surge to the pax, and driver surge.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
So if you are no longer driving, why are you trolling the forums? Because you miss driving? I think you better get in the old Prius and get back out there. You probably will lose some of that roid rage

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.