Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
But U have to realize that this pic is taken from, is "Trip History " not from "Earnings ", which is BEFORE Uber's commission.
So there's a MAGIC.
But U have to realize that this pic is taken from, is "Trip History " not from "Earnings ", which is BEFORE Uber's commission.
So there's a MAGIC.
Ok, I got it now...wow...this is ****ed up! U got uber adjusted the fare for u now?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
No wonder this doesn't make sense..
I can't seem to add both of these trips to total $100.00
Do you know if the time and miles match what you really did ?

If I ever do a 2nd rider on Pool again, I will track every minute and every mile, with each rider, separate and together.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
[QUOTE="uber pro, post: 446964, member: 2093ot to forget another very important rule about pools.
If fare is over 70-80$ regardless of surge distancr or time ......even if you picked up the second pax and took the most efficient route... You will not get paid immediately. Maybe you will not get paid at all unless you fight for it.
It happrned so many times.
Now how long do i need to wait to see if i get paid or not? Still waiting for a paymemt of a trip i took on july 20. thats after i was told at the office. Not by email that i will get paid next week.
i would email so much it bothers them. this happened to me the other day. i emailed about 5 different people over a 2 day span. they took care of it.[/QUOTE]

I finally got paid for my last matched pool ride, and it was only $28 gross. It took 1 month and MANY emails for them to find it and pay. And it took 3 separate payments.
IDIOTS.
------------------
Last week I had a single rider Pool that was $78 gross and only showed up on the app trip log. Not in earnings and not on pay statement.

I gave them all the data, I keep track of all rides now. And I had the trip ID. The moron wrote back, said "I found the trip id, you should see it now".

I wrote back and gave him so much shit, that I gave him the ID, DO YOU EVEN READ EMAILS? It's not on the pay statement DUMB ****.

It finally showed up.

·
Super Moderator
16,208 Posts
Cancel pool requests. Force them to change.
UberPool is just another lawsuit waiting to happen.
If Uber collects 1¢ more than what they base our pay on they are breaking the law. If they loose money to subsidize trips that's not our concern let them.

Uber constantly does what it wants to screw the drivers & make more $.
It seems to me that Uber is ripping off the passengers, they are not "splitting the fare".

This is really a class action for the passengers as well.

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
its tough cuz we understand that ppl want a deal but theres a line. if everyone tipped even $1 it cud make a world of difference for a driver. i average 13 rides a day. if everyone tipped $1 thats an extra $13 a day, $65 a week, $260 a month. thats a huge difference.
Pax do tip $1 on each ride and it is called .... And who gets it ...?

·
Premium Member
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
$42 for fares minus $2 for SFR and minus 20% of that ($40-$8) = $32. That is what you received so no wrong doing by Uber.
($10.85 - $1 SRF) x 0.8 = $7.88
($20.99 - $1 SRF) x 0.8 = $15.99
$7.88 + $15.99 = $23.87 my payout.

My payout should be:
($41.98 - $1SRF - $1SRF) x 0.8 = $31.20
So Uber pocketed an extra
$31.20 - $23.87 = $7.33

Excluding the SRFs:
$41.98 - $2 SRFs = $39.98
$23.87/$39.98 x 100 = 59.7% to me and 40.3% to Uber. Uber is only supposed to take 20% commission on Fares excluding SRF.

Including the SRFs:
$23.87/$41.98 x 100 = 56.86% to me and 43.14% to Uber
Outerwear Shorts Sleeve Gesture Font

Did that change your opinion?

·
Registered
428 Posts
It seems to me that Uber is ripping off the passengers, they are not "splitting the fare".

This is really a class action for the passengers as well.
Yes Uber is trying to double dip both the passenger x driver's.

But with Uberpool passengers do not spilt the fare, each are given a guaranteed flat rate when booking.
They're just trying to get us to do more trips for less money.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes Uber is trying to double dip both the passenger x driver's.

But with Uberpool passengers do not spilt the fare, each are given a guaranteed flat rate when booking.
They're just trying to get us to do more trips for less money.
Never take the second pax. Been said many times. You loose money . Very clear.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
the only way to know for sure is if you can get the pax to help you out. tell them uber pool is having issues and you want to verify the fare, either the driver is paid less, or the pax is paying too much.

Check all mileage for pax 1 and 2, together and separate.
Check the time for pax 1 and 2, together and separate.

End rider 1, ask rider 1 what is the fare that was just charged.
End rider 2, same thing.

Add it up and you'll know. But it doesn't mean it happens on all Pool rides. Very inconsistent.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
$10.85 - $1 SRF) x 0.8 = $7.88
($20.99 - $1 SRF) x 0.8 = $15.99
$7.88 + $15.99 = $23.87 my payout.
My payout should be:
($41.98 - $1SRF - $1SRF) x 0.8 = $31.20
So Uber pocketed an extra
$31.20 - $23.87 = $7.33
Excluding the SRFs:
$41.98 - $2 SRFs = $39.98
$23.87/$39.98 x 100 = 59.7% to me and 40.3% to Uber.
Including the SRFs:
$23.87/$41.98 x 100 = 56.86% to me and 43.14% to Uber
Uber is only supposed to take 20% commission on Fares excluding SRF.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Multimedia Parallel

A layman's reading of the highlighted clause, would indicate that Uber breached the Partnership Agreement by charging the riders amount that is higher than the amount it is basing your payout on.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
This problem here, was first brought to our attention by LAuberX (kudos to him) as I was skeptical first,that such a BS can happen,but apparently it does,this issue isn't about underpayments of pool rides,but rather we get paid 100% of matched rides, but uber's charging pax 130% to 140% .I'm not even sure if it's legal to do so, what I think uber does.Matched pool ride A,B,C,D (A is your first pickup ,B is second,C is first drop off and D is your last) from A to D is total 10 mil. X $1 =$10 and 30min X $0.18=$ 5.40 +$2 SRF=$17.40 ,some will argue that's what's our rates are and we got paid accordingly ,but is it not in that same contract, that uber should only take $1 SRF and 20% out of each trip?As I was trying to get bottom of this, I did complete a quiet few pool rides and über did not disappoint ,Ive got them red handed on four different occasions ,every e mail I've sent, they've danced around with some BS answers but what's angered me most,was their last response .
Evidently as a partner/driver we are NOT ALLOWED to know how much rides are charged on Pool rides .
Here is the edited version of e-main exchange .
Me

Aug 30, 12:47

Hi there, even though I've asked this same question someone else few days back, but got to ask it again. Looks like on uber pool matched rides uber is charging costumers more ,but paying drivers less, is that possible? I just completed a trip,on my end it showed $0.00 but costumer got changed $0.00, here is the picture of the trip I'm talking about.
Thanks.
.... (Uber)

Aug 30, 14:11

Hi ...,

Thank you for writing in. Happy to explain.

With uberPOOL, riders who happen to be requesting a trip along a similar route will share the ride and split the cost.

The beauty of uberPOOL is that it can both lower costs for riders and raiseoverall earnings for drivers. Right now on a normal uberX trip, you pick up and drop off your first rider, and then you wait for a second pickup to begin. With uberPOOL, you will be getting paid for that time you spend on your way to pick up the second rider.

For an unmatched trip, the partner will be compensated the same with an uberX trip while a discounted fare for a rider.

To learn more about uberPOOL and how it works, watch the video here: blog.uber.com/uberpooldriver.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Best,

help.uber.com

Me

Aug 30, 14:30

All due respect, but i didn't ask how
Beautiful uberpool is. Simple question
Trip picked up 1701 .......... Ave
Dropped off 1020 ............ Blvd
At 12:05 pm today, how much rider was changed.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone

..... (Uber)

Aug 30, 15:02

Hi .......,

Thank you for writing back.

Sorry to hear about the confusion. However, for company compliance, I can not disclose the amount charged on rider side, my apologies.
POST # 1/arto71 : " B E A U T Y ! "

Bison Chortling.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
If I ever do a 2nd rider on Pool again, I will track every minute and every mile, with each rider, separate and together.
CaptainJackLA The fare that you'd be paid for a matched UberPool ride would match the total miles & time for whole ride. But the total of fares charged to the two matched riders is higher than the fare you are paid.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's where the issue is. But I still don't want to chance it.
I had a pool ride last week and i decided to take the 2nd pax as a curiosity cause he had a x2.6 surge and pax1 had a x1.9 anyways. End of ride was......
Pax 2 route was totaly in pax 1 route. Or to be accurate it added about a mile to the total ride. It was a long ride of about 22 miles. I calculated thay if i didnt take pax2 than i'd make 92$, and so after i added both fares, it came up to 95$.
So we can see here that even if i pick a much higher surrge for the second pax. The addition was a mere lousy 3$.
Im almost sure that during that portion when those two pax are together is calculated acording to the lower fare

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.