Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never accept pool rides anymore because they're obviously a waste of time. Uber keeps emailing me about my acceptance rate. Can I keep getting away with this? Just started a few weeks ago so I wanted to make sure.

·
Premium Member
3,781 Posts
I never accept pool rides anymore because they're obviously a waste of time. Uber keeps emailing me about my acceptance rate. Can I keep getting away with this? Just started a few weeks ago so I wanted to make sure.
No, you are good. The only thing they can do to you is time you out for a short period of time. Like 12 minutes or so. Just be careful and pay attention to the toggle for online and offline. They will secretly take you offline but make it look like you are online. After 2 nonaccepts just toggle off and then back on and you should be good.

Don't worry about the emails. Uber knows you are new and is using scare tactics to get you to accept. Ignore the emails. DO NOT REPLY!

Some have petitioned successfully to Uber Support to take pool away from them. Others have not been as fortunate. It takes a lot of back and forth messaging to accomplish from what I understand. Search this forum Opt Out of Pool to get up to speed.

Again, DO NOT REPLY to their emails.

BTW - My apologies to the group for being so long winded.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been driving very part time for a year and half and just started getting the same BS emails about not accepting enough rides. My acceptance rate is normally between 65 and 75%. I generally don't accept pools and when I do it's not a good experience so Uber support gets messages from me saying it's not safe and not profitable. They always say we are working to improve pool and wish they could remove me from pool but aren't allowed to.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I've been driving very part time for a year and half and just started getting the same BS emails about not accepting enough rides. My acceptance rate is normally between 65 and 75%. I generally don't accept pools and when I do it's not a good experience so Uber support gets messages from me saying it's not safe and not profitable. They always say we are working to improve pool and wish they could remove me from pool but aren't allowed to.
Uber is lying. Many people on this board including myself have opted out of pool. It took me about 15 emails before they removed pool from my account. Don't give up.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yes, ignore them. If you read the email closely you'll see it's full of weasel words designed to worry you, but not making a real threat.
If your cancellation rate is high then they'll use real threat words cos they can back that up with action.
Never treat Uber as being honest or responsible, they are lying, bullying, cheating dbags.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had a pool last week. One was outside an apartment complex and headed to the airport with no bags the other was standing outside a bank with no luggage and heading to the airport. One guy smelled like he had been smoking lots of weed. So I was a little nervous because the whole trip felt weird. Any they both were sitting on the back not saying much at all. I'm not even sure they knew where they were going because they kept saying drop us at the airport but it didn't seem to matter what terminal. The same day I get a low rating the my car was not clean and that I had bad hygiene. First time after 1500 rides getting such a rating and not sure why uber would even send me that type of rating after 1k plus trips. I take a long hot bath in the morning and one at night so not sure if They were smelling the weed scent. They have me pick up two scary looking passengers in the bad part of town and then these guys rated me low. LoL. That's just one other reason I don't like pool rides. Some of these riders appear to have 3rd parties book the trip and seem to be using uber to conduct shady business. Drivers should definitely be able to protect themselves I mean if your dealing with the public your going to be Ok 95% of the time but what happens when you get that one rider who can ruin your side gig in a minute. The only option is to cancel the ride if you feel unsafe or if you feel unsafe while in transit, try and find a busy well lit area and end the ride.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No don't worry about it your good! I run a 32% rate all the time. Your an independent contractor you work when you want. Remember it's what Uber said was so appealing about the job, " work when you want"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts