Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, had some free time so decided to see what PTCGUY talks about so highly of pool.

Tittle: WHAT A NIGHTMARE

Use my Lincoln navigator which is my baby but I didn't have another car to do it. So my car is very nice, atleast I think so. So does uber Bc is available for all uber categories
Anyhow....

First pool ride... Went from 285/75 connector to 85 going north drove 16miles and 34min... Net pay 10.42<~~~~WTF
Then get another pool 2min from there,... Drove 19min and 6.1miles for 4.91<~WTF
Then had a pool cancelled on me after driving for 7 mins and the cancelation fee was 1.60<~~WTF

Drove for almost 5hours made less than 20 dollars.
I also drove lyft but only got 3 rides totaled $28

Conclusion
I'm sure lot of people have said this but
UBERPOOL SUX REAL BAD
**DONT DRIVE UBERPOOL**

PTCGUY you can take ALL OF THEM

WtF man... How can people defend those rates and none sense

Anyone has good stories/income/profits?

Do tell

·
Registered
141 Posts
On the pool rides I have accepted I rarely get a ping for a second rider...First rider knows chances of second rider remote for thier destination....Consequently they get a very cheap ride and driver looses money...Riders are not stupid and ask for pool
kn owing they will usually ride alone...Shame on Uber for allowing this....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
On the pool rides I have accepted I rarely get a ping for a second rider...First rider knows chances of second rider remote for thier destination....Consequently they get a very cheap ride and driver looses money...Riders are not stupid and ask for pool
So I found out that Uber will make the rate the regular Uber X rate if the ride is unmatched. As usual, it takes a couple of emails to get someone to do it, but I have found success with getting the very rare pool ride I take to the regular X rate. I'm not sure if pax gets charged or Uber makes up for it, but frankly that is the way it should be. No one should get to ride solo for a reduced rate, it defeats the purpose of pool. Stick it to Uber by requesting they change the rate for your pool rides to Uber X rates!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Simple, just don't start you day ITP. Only way you can even get pool pings if you are downtown or close to it. I have never gotten a pool ping at my house off of Northridge Road.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Well, had some free time so decided to see what PTCGUY talks about so highly of pool.

Tittle: WHAT A NIGHTMARE

Use my Lincoln navigator which is my baby but I didn't have another car to do it. So my car is very nice, atleast I think so. So does uber Bc is available for all uber categories
Anyhow....

First pool ride... Went from 285/75 connector to 85 going north drove 16miles and 34min... Net pay 10.42<~~~~WTF
Then get another pool 2min from there,... Drove 19min and 6.1miles for 4.91<~WTF
Then had a pool cancelled on me after driving for 7 mins and the cancelation fee was 1.60<~~WTF

Drove for almost 5hours made less than 20 dollars.
I also drove lyft but only got 3 rides totaled $28

Conclusion
I'm sure lot of people have said this but
UBERPOOL SUX REAL BAD
**DONT DRIVE UBERPOOL**

PTCGUY you can take ALL OF THEM

WtF man... How can people defend those rates and none sense

Anyone has good stories/income/profits?

Do tell
They're delusional.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Pool is another way for uber to cut rates

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pool is horrible. I would say 90% of the time I don't get the 2nd rider and honestly the trips are so cheap the other 10% doesn't matter if I do anyways. I'm def going to email Uber about switching my non connector pools back to uberX prices. (That should be obvious and mandatory). Key word "should" This will be funny. Gotta love emailing Uber. First comes that generic email disguised as a hand written love note, then they actually start typing after you reply with "OK, but that doesn't answer my question" lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts