Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make my Sunday night SHORT, snag my Quest bonus, and call it a Weekend. I want me some pool combos with 2, 3 trips. Bring on the low-raters--as if I care.

Remind me some best areas? I've stuck with north Chicago and out of pool territory (only one pool ping all weekend) when not in the far suburbs. Example, I'll probably start in Matteson and Chicago Heights. Maybe get a Chicago trip out of the strip club, I mean restaurant, on Rte 30.

ISO Pool trips!

Give me your tired feet, your poor Wal-Mart shoppers, your huddled backseats of strangers getting to know each other (women), yearning to ride free from the armpits of Rider #1 or #2 (men), avoiding the wretched refuse found on smelly CTA or millenial-driven Lyft vehicles. Send these, the would-be homeless, tempest-tossed to me. After dark, I lift my flashlight to make sure you didn't forget anything...and don't slam the golden door!

* Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I want to make my Sunday night SHORT, snag my Quest bonus, and call it a Weekend. I want me some pool combos with 2, 3 trips. Bring on the low-raters--as if I care.

Remind me some best areas? I've stuck with north Chicago and out of pool territory (only one pool ping all weekend) when not in the far suburbs. Example, I'll probably start in Matteson and Chicago Heights. Maybe get a Chicago trip out of the strip club, I mean restaurant, on Rte 30.

ISO Pool trips!

Give me your tired feet, your poor Wal-Mart shoppers, your huddled backseats of strangers getting to know each other (women), yearning to ride free from the armpits of Rider #1 or #2 (men), avoiding the wretched refuse found on smelly CTA or millenial-driven Lyft vehicles. Send these, the would-be homeless, tempest-tossed to me. After dark, I lift my flashlight to make sure you didn't forget anything...and don't slam the golden door!

* Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
I like the play on words from the Statue of Liberty.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Just go near international village in Lombard, guaranteed to get a few poos
Let's call it Indian Village. It got a 2.4 out of 5 in google review. Paying the above than average rent to smell curry. And wear a gas mask if you're in their gym

Product Font Material property Screenshot Technology

You forget about Schaumburg too

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Let's call it Indian Village. It got a 2.4 out of 5 in google review. Paying the above than average rent to smell curry. And wear a gas mask if you're in their gym

View attachment 260275

You forget about Schaumburg too
I was about to say international village in schaumburg across from the old Motorola building is like that as well. It used to be the hip yuppy apartments back in the 80's with the old Schaumburg Snuggry right there.

On Wednesday nights back then they would have an outdoor barbecue with a keg put on by the property mangment even. Boy how times have changed.

ISO Pool trips!

If you are up in the NW burbs- Elgin , Carpentersville, Dundee , Palatine by Rt12 & 53 , Mt Prospect around Algonquin and Dempster , Des Plains (just about the whole village but especially over by Potter Rd, Wheeling just about the whole village) , any area that feeds into those places on Lake Cook and on Dundee rd for the IT guys by 294

Any and all the schools

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Malls especially Chicago ridge and riverside mall. Pools galore
Hmm, one of my DF rides towards Chicago brought me to Chicago Ridge, and I got another continuing all the way to North Riverside, right away. I think the first was Pool but no 2nd riders, the second was X.

Lombard? Maybe days or evenings. I got one ride there in 10 months--train-to-hotel pickup after a Blackhawks game (after I *drove* someone from United Center to Glen Ellyn for $75).

My full time job is near Midway, I've thrown the app on after work a few times only to get booted off for rejecting too many pool requests. Lots of pool in Little Village, Brighton Park, basically just start at Cermak and follow Archer down.
Thanks!

I was looking to bring people home from bars in Pilsen around 2am. I thought it was a sure ground for short trips. Only trip was from Twisted Cantina to Steak & Eggs. Interesting car-full. Girl (?) in the front seat had her (?) hand on my shoulder much of the ride. She (?) was much friendlier to me than she (?) was to her (?) 3 friends (?) in back. Glad that one was a short trip.

Any and all the schools
I got a FEW rides around UofI Circle. I thought I'd get a spit-ton around Hyde Park, but did not. All the watering holes dry up on Sunday night.

At least I got to visit my favorite Subway on 53rd. The night shift guy is GREAT conversation, very positive and engaged. (Not like many who are talking to Homeland on their bluetooth and don't know what it means to Hang Up And Serve Your Customer). Dude always seems to have just fended off homeless people from ruining his bathrooms.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Hmm, one of my DF rides towards Chicago brought me to Chicago Ridge, and I got another continuing all the way to North Riverside, right away. I think the first was Pool but no 2nd riders, the second was X.

Lombard? Maybe days or evenings. I got one ride there in 10 months--train-to-hotel pickup after a Blackhawks game (after I *drove* someone from United Center to Glen Ellyn for $75).

Thanks!

I was looking to bring people home from bars in Pilsen around 2am. I thought it was a sure ground for short trips. Only trip was from Twisted Cantina to Steak & Eggs. Interesting car-full. Girl (?) in the front seat had her (?) hand on my shoulder much of the ride. She (?) was much friendlier to me than she (?) was to her (?) 3 friends (?) in back. Glad that one was a short trip.

I got a FEW rides around UofI Circle. I thought I'd get a spit-ton around Hyde Park, but did not. All the watering holes dry up on Sunday night.

At least I got to visit my favorite Subway on 53rd. The night shift guy is GREAT conversation, very positive and engaged. (Not like many who are talking to Homeland on their bluetooth and don't know what it means to Hang Up And Serve Your Customer). Dude always seems to have just fended off homeless people from ruining his bathrooms.
Shoulder eh? Good thing that is all it was, LOL.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sometimes I edit my posts and leave a few things out to make sure they aren't blocked by censors...and so I'm never accused of something untoward when I get nominated to the Supreme Court

(I have used variations of the 'nominated to the Supreme Court' line for years...has it now been rendered irrelevant?)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts