Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much we are being paid for distance and time on Pool?

Clicking on "Trip Detail" clearly displays rates for distance and time for X rides. Not so with Pool. We are given earnings but no info on how that total was calculated.

It seems like Uber is purposely obscuring what we are being paid on Pool rides. Is this a correct observation or am I missing something?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I was always under the impression that Pool paid less. It's nice to be mistaken!
With no base fare, it does, and there's no way around that. If the ride goes unmatched, you will make $1.XX less due to the base fare not being paid. If the ride gets matched, you're doing roughly two or three times and when it's all done, you make roughly the same as you would a regular X fare.

Base fare adds up. Give 100 POOL rides a week, you're going to end up $100 short compared to what you would have had you accepted 100 X rides that week.

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
Wed night 1030
took a pool (wasn't getting anything else)
picked up 2 college guys. asked me to make a stop along the way. meh. why not. Wynnewood to Drexel Hill. gave me a 10$ cash tip. So, not hating pools that much now... lol

ya get good, ya get bad.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm starting to think Pool makes sense for me. I drive in a college town that is mostly minimum fares. Once you add in the pick up fee.... I actually make MORE money from Pool.

The surge info is eye--opening. I usually hit "stop new requests." No longer will I do this on a surge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts