Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up collegues. Ive been rejecting pool pings since yesterday but i know the next driver will prob pick it up. how about this idea. We take all pool pings then we send a text to the pax along this line: UBERPOOL is NOT profitable to drivers please consider other options as uberX. Youll get faster and safer to your destination.

Then we cancel the stool request. I believe if we do these SOME pax will chage their mind and use X instead. I know there are sone nasty cheapass pax but im sure some will switch and atleast we get the message across the pax. If you have a better text idea let know since my english is not better good looking lol. I just wanna know what youall think about it.

·
Premium Member
25,593 Posts
Nice idea in theory but two problems:

1. If you text the wrong person, they forward to Uber, you're deactivated

2. You cancel too much, you're deactivated.

Other than that I don't see a problem...

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Nice idea in theory but two problems:

1. If you text the wrong person, they forward to Uber, you're deactivated

2. You cancel too much, you're deactivated.

Other than that I don't see a problem...
This! Sorry darling. Bad idea. What we could do is have a sign inside of our car, behind the passenger head rest mentioning something to that affect. Not everyone always takes pool. So überx can can see that too. OR just do NOT accept pools. Then pick up times will rise, pax will say **** it and request X. Best option.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Maybe a noob question but what happens if you accept a pool, don't go pick them up, customer cancels. Still a time out?

·
Registered
28 Posts
What about just going to Forestville and tellING them to take yourself off the pool platform. If they ask why, simply state it's not worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
You're going to shoot yourself in the foot with that idea since now the passenger has your info and can forward it to Uber thus making it easier for them to deactivate or flag your account. The best way to make people not use pool is to decline all pool request and drive up the wait time to the point that Fool becomes the worst option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts