Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.google.com/amp/abc11.co...iver-passenger-carjacked-at-gunpoint/3531524/

An Uber driver and passenger feared for their lives after they were carjacked at gun point in an ordeal that crossed state lines.

Driver Donnelda Schuele picked up her first passenger in Las Vegas while driving an Uber Pool, a service that groups several customers who are on a similar route. She then picked up her second customers, a man and a woman, who sat in the back seat.

After some time, the man pulled a gun on Schuele and demanded that she keep driving. She then started driving on the freeway towards Arizona.

Schuele said the man shot the gun through the floor of the car and pistol whipped her other passenger sitting in the front seat.

"He had hit him on the head with the gun and cracked him really good at the back of his skull," Schuele told KTNV.

She said the man also shot outside the window several times, hitting a commercial truck.

Schuele and the other passenger were eventually ordered to leave the car near the Hoover Dam, where they were able to get help.

Arizona troopers told KTNV that the suspects led them on a pursuit driving southbound on State Route 93. They tried to flee after crashing into another vehicle but were caught in Arizona.

An Uber spokesperson told KTNV that they are investigating the incident and will support police investigation in any way they can.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
https://www.google.com/amp/abc11.co...iver-passenger-carjacked-at-gunpoint/3531524/

An Uber driver and passenger feared for their lives after they were carjacked at gun point in an ordeal that crossed state lines.

Driver Donnelda Schuele picked up her first passenger in Las Vegas while driving an Uber Pool, a service that groups several customers who are on a similar route. She then picked up her second customers, a man and a woman, who sat in the back seat.

After some time, the man pulled a gun on Schuele and demanded that she keep driving. She then started driving on the freeway towards Arizona.

Schuele said the man shot the gun through the floor of the car and pistol whipped her other passenger sitting in the front seat.

"He had hit him on the head with the gun and cracked him really good at the back of his skull," Schuele told KTNV.

She said the man also shot outside the window several times, hitting a commercial truck.

Schuele and the other passenger were eventually ordered to leave the car near the Hoover Dam, where they were able to get help.

Arizona troopers told KTNV that the suspects led them on a pursuit driving southbound on State Route 93. They tried to flee after crashing into another vehicle but were caught in Arizona.

An Uber spokesperson told KTNV that they are investigating the incident and will support police investigation in any way they can.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.
I hope the driver gave that pax a 1* rating so he doesn't try that shit ever again.

·
Premium Member
10,755 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts
Carjacked Driver to Uber Support: I was carjacked on this trip. 2nd pool passenger had a gun and fired multiple shots, and hit my 1st pool passenger with the gun. 2nd passenger also stole my car!

Uber Support Response: We take the safety of riders and partners very seriously.

If a rider requests that you drive over the speed limit or commit any other type of driving violation, you're free to end the trip early and to drop them off in a safe location.

In light of this claim, we've taken measures to prevent future matches between you and this particular rider and noted this incident.

Further, it is against Uber's Terms of Service to have a weapon in your vehicle, in light of that we regretfully have to inform you that your driver account is terminated immediately. Which, in light of the fact that you no longer have a car, is not an issue.

RESOLVED!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Carjacked Driver to Uber Support: I was carjacked on this trip. 2nd pool passenger had a gun and fired multiple shots, and hit my 1st pool passenger with the gun. 2nd passenger also stole my car!

Uber Support Response: We take the safety of riders and partners very seriously.

If a rider requests that you drive over the speed limit or commit any other type of driving violation, you're free to end the trip early and to drop them off in a safe location.

In light of this claim, we've taken measures to prevent future matches between you and this particular rider and noted this incident.

As explained in our Community Guidelines, disrespectful or inappropriate rider behavior could lead to the deactivation of their account.

Further, it is against Uber's Terms of Service to have a weapon in your vehicle, in light of that we regretfully have to inform you that your driver account is terminated immediately. Which, in light of the fact that you no longer have a car, is not an issue.

RESOLVED!
Thanks so much for the quick resolution :p

·
Registered
332 Posts
My take away on this is the pool jacker was super stupid, I would have atleast requested black or suv
lol, leave us out of this brother, that's why we drive black; we don't have to deal with riff raff, you do it for us. on the other hand, the idiot's bank account must be empty or not enough money to order black or SUV. i bet you that guy doesn't have a $100 in his account.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I wonder how long till the suspect will have his rating reset and he can do this again...

Or maybe he'll get his act together and sign up as a driver, he may not be able to work else where but at least this incident does not disqualify him as a potential partner

·
Premium Member
24,565 Posts

RESOLVED!
You forgot "please to uninstall and reinstall the Uber app"

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Where does it say the that? It says they crashed INTO another vehicle.
"Schuele and the other passenger were eventually ordered to leave the car near the Hoover Dam, where they were able to get help.

Arizona troopers told KTNV that the suspects led them on a pursuit driving southbound on State Route 93. They tried to flee after crashing into another vehicle but were caught in Arizona."

Nevermind. I was confused by "ordered to leave the car near the Hoover Dam." I read it as the car was abandoned near the dam, not that they exited the vehicle at that point.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.