Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can cancel and charge if the pax changes the drop off location. Is it the same for pickup location?
Last night I accidently accepted a pool ride, then was stuck in traffic in front of some huge club near Dresden. Almost to the lot the guy calls and says he walked to the QT. I don't know where that is, or how long it'll take me to get there through the traffic and he sounds pissed at me for taking so long. In the meantime, I accepted a second rider in the pool. 5 min still not moving and I cancelled both rides and got the heck out of the area offline (newbie panic). I didn't charge the second ping guy, but did the first because he wasn't where he was supposed to be. Was that the right thing to do? (I mean the charging, not the running away/hiding part)
I was also unhappy because while sitting there I realized the guy I dropped off there before this stole my phone charger! Is that worth pursuing, or just write it off?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I know you can cancel and charge if the pax changes the drop off location. Is it the same for pickup location?
Last night I accidently accepted a pool ride, then was stuck in traffic in front of some huge club near Dresden. Almost to the lot the guy calls and says he walked to the QT. I don't know where that is, or how long it'll take me to get there through the traffic and he sounds pissed at me for taking so long. In the meantime, I accepted a second rider in the pool. 5 min still not moving and I cancelled both rides and got the heck out of the area offline (newbie panic). I didn't charge the second ping guy, but did the first because he wasn't where he was supposed to be. Was that the right thing to do? (I mean the charging, not the running away/hiding part)
I was also unhappy because while sitting there I realized the guy I dropped off there before this stole my phone charger! Is that worth pursuing, or just write it off?
Thats one of the things we all pretty much agree on here ... cancel !

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
How do you 'cancel and charge' after a trip has begun? It is completely your call as to moving from the pinpoint and the effort you make in finding those playing hard to get, or how long you wait for someone. Factors such as surge or infrequent requests or likelihood of you getting it when they re-request and such. When someone contacts me enroute and they are not far from pinpoint is way different from someone that lets me sit 4.5 minutes at the pinpoint and then calls with the information that they are 3.6 miles away. UberX is a personal car company that charges less than a $ a mile. Act accordingly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pretty sure cancel and charge is for rider not being at the pick-up location. It's okay if they want to change the drop-off location. This does not apply to Uber Pool. For Pools, I'm taking you where you said you wanted to go and I am not stopping somewhere else before we reach your destination. Oh yeah, I will only wait for 2 mins. upon arriving at your pick-up location. Especially if I have a rider in my vehicle or I have to pick up another rider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts