Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
If this is their ad for the Australian market, it is going to be ripped apart by just about everyone who doesn't support creepy, harassing behaviour. Which is just about everyone.

I really hope this is the official ad. It's implication that Pool users are out to hook up with strangers is advertising poison where the media and people rightfully call out harassment. Good old tone deaf Uber.

The backlash starts here...

Seat belts?
Like respectful behaviour in Pool, seat belts are clearly optional.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Sh1t.

That commercial could be perceived in another way. Don't these millennial f*heads consider the other angles? Great if the woman is consensual, but what if she rejects his advances?

I'd be telling my daughter to put a destination a few doors away if she ever pools (which she won't BTW). Seems like a prime way for a nutter to select a victim - and we all know how easy it is to establish an uber pax account without 'real' credentials - viz-a-viz under 18 yo accounts.

Drivers are almost never the issue, but I have a bad feeling about Poo Paxs. I'd recommend any driver taking Poo Paxs has a working dash cam just in case, however, mine overwrites the memory daily, so if the weirdo strikes two days later, its all over red rover!

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
You guys can read right? Its a spec commercial, i.e: fake
Not immediately obvious but yeah, I think you are right. The giveaway is X screens on the phones. Disbelief suspended. However, the reason it is credible is because we know from experience just how amoral Uber can be.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
You guys can read right? Its a spec commercial, i.e: fake
My comments are about the content and the issues that are raised.

Doesn't matter whether it's Uber official or fake, the dangers remain as depicted in this scenario. And I know, it's a one in a million chance (hopefully will NEVER happen), but strangers mixed together in my car is a very unappealing proposition!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Poo would be used to make new friends.
Mostly male to males, and males to females.

Most will be friendly, extra friendly.

Trust me.

Random pax behave very nice with each other when sober, and extra extra humble when drunk, in Melbourne.
...no need to use "Trust me" Trust me....

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I'm guessing you didn't click through, because its posted by some small-time wannabe producer/director's youtube and in the description says "spec commercial for uber pool" ;)
No, I didn't. Just as much of a lazy consumer of the deluge of digital media as the next guy or gal. As Duder so rightly points out, the underlying message in this ad is, however, credible.

Uber driver in the dock: I have been advised by my solicitor that I cannot verify that the accused made a note of the victims address, your honour.
Judge: Why is that?
Uber driver in the dock: Uber's privacy policy prohibits me from saying so.
Judge: I would remind you that you are under oath. I would further remind you that the provisions of the Criminal Code have absolute precedence over privacy laws. Are you still refusing to answer the question?
Uber driver in the dock: I am afraid I will be deactivated if I disclose any further information, your honour.

·
Banned
5,653 Posts
They didn't show the slave ant who drove them there and made nothing from the ride because Poo takes up to 42% of the fare?? Guess he was crying because he couldn't feed his family.
Providing more affordable transportation while reducing road congestion far more important than the welfare of the driver who makes that possible :) ... So much more important that the second issue doesn't even come up on at all in marketing campaigns/social media, seems entirely irrelevant ...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts