Uber Drivers Forum banner

Would you be willing to switch to a new ride-sharing company that offered 90-100% commission?

• Yes, no question

• Nope I'm good with Uber/lyft/sidecar commission structure.

• I'd do it for 80% if I could be reimbursed expenses

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here I just wanted to see what everyone thought. I heard of a startup (don't think it's that far along) through FB.

Long story short, they want to offer close to 100% commission on fares, it sounds good but I wanted to see what everyone with more experience might think.

Assuming this model would keep them in business
- would you switch even though the user base would be smaller in the beginning (aka Uber is more established)

* please move if this isn't in the right place

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed it's probably not the best strategy, as far as I can tell the idea is to get drivers excited about it while marketing to riders to create demand.

But very much a chicken and egg problem.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Eh... isn't this what Lyft currently offers, minus SRF? Or is this just a temporary regional bonus?
30 hours, 10 peak hours, 90% acceptance = 90%
50 hours, 10 peak hours, 90% acceptance = 100%

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly I have no clue if that's a temporary bonus but I remember hearing they put that in place. I also read they get $4 request fee regardless of if someone denies the ride but again, not sure if that's right.

I think this other startup is trying to offer 90-100% without restrictions but I guess we'll see if that business model pans out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts