Uber Drivers Forum banner

My Personal Phone Is

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that Uber has been rapidly rolling out the Driver App for download on the Drivers' personal iPhone, and the Android version is expected sometime this Fall.

This begs the questions, how many drivers use Apple vs Android, and should Uber now stop charging the $10/wk to drivers with Android?

PS: Please help keep this thread alive by posting comments as to whether drivers with Android should have $10/wk waived by Uber in interest of fairness and equal treatment. Thanx!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Android user here too. Hoping for the Uber driver app soon. We'll see.

Reactions: chi1cabby

·
Registered
625 Posts
Android here too, as long as they bring out the android app within 5 months, then I would like to avoid buying a used iPhone for $200 if I can, I would rather get a new android with that money. Waiting for the Nexus 6/X.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Galaxy Note 3 user here...and yes we should have the fee waived because those tech geeks have this blind love affair with Apple. I never used an iPhone until now and can't see what all the hype is about. The battery life sucks, it doesn't multitask well, and I can't type worth a damn on it because it's so little.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Need both here. I didn't think there would be so much anti-iPhone sentiment coming from the home of the iPhone.

No Patriotism amongst smartphone users!

I believe Apple are releasing the new 6 draped in a small American flag, tickets to a baseball match amd free hot dogs, in an attempt to win back sales from those pesky Koreans.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nexus 5 for my personal phone. I don't mind too much having two phones, it makes things a bit easier to multitask. Still saddened that webOS didn't get the chance it could have. That one had multitasking done right. If the Android version of UberDriver can be operated from the notification shade, at least in acceptance of rides, I would be happy to have one phone for everything. But I may end up still using two phones even if they are two Androids.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Need both here. I didn't think there would be so much anti-iPhone sentiment coming from the home of the iPhone.

I believe Apple are releasing the new 6 draped in a small American flag, tickets to a baseball match amd free hot dogs, in an attempt to win back sales from those pesky Koreans.
The ringtone will be the Star Spangled Banner as default.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yeah **** the iPhone 4 that's lasted me years!!!
It's not as interesting and "edge of your seat" as the four androids I went through, each breaking down and shitting the bed.
The androids look cooler. Go Droids! I want my lemons back, **** my problem-free iPhone.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I like Iphone, I think Android users are just more vocal perhaps? Can this poll really be that lopsided?

Are we not the land of the Android too? Is Apple American or Chinese?? Oh boy, should I be asking these questions?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Galaxy S4 here and Uber can keep their "no problems" iPhone that can't navigate my ass around Indianapolis. I use my Samsung as a back up when the iPhone navigation fails .. so every time I drive. I know die hard iPhone users and then there's me. I've had a Droid for years and never had one problem with it.

As for the iPhone losing charge .. I keep it plugged in while driving and attached to the windshield with the holder Uber provided. No more charge issues.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Practical folks are android users.
Image conscious ones go for iPhone. I think drivers are more likely not to buy into the cult of iPhone as they are more of the pragmatic sort.
I just wanted to improve my diet and bought the iPhone - chowing down on an Alien didn't appeal to me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I use a Windows phone, a Nokia Lumia 1020. Don't forget about us! I really like the Windows phone system, I wish more people would make apps for it. Uber has a passenger app for my phone, thank goodness, but I'd like to see a driver app.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I use a Windows phone, a Nokia Lumia 1020. Don't forget about us! I really like the Windows phone system, I wish more people would make apps for it. Uber has a passenger app for my phone, thank goodness, but I'd like to see a driver app.
Interesting to see if they make a drivers app for Windows. I kind of doubt it. But if they have a passenger app, thats a little promissing.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
723 Posts
So this Poll has closed. The results show that over 70% of the drivers have an Android device. Now why would the Tech Darling, Uber, roll out the Downloadable Driver App just for a minority of drivers that use iPhone, and continue to Charge the Majority the $10/week device fee!
#UberUnfair!

Android grabs record 85 percent smartphone share
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2460020/android-grabs-record-85-percent-smartphone-share.html
The answer is quite simple really, it's the same reason I hate iOS.... it's too restrictive. Android allows freedom. Freedom to run multiple apps at once. Freedom for apps to work together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts