Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you hold the door open for your passenger?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I never understand people jumping for the wealthy for the price of the middle class...
Unless they are paying a premium they get the same open your own freaking door service from me.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
If they have a cane. I figure if somebody has a cane you should open the door. And make a big scene about it. "Need help with that cane? Here, let me open the door for you. You have a cane, don't see many of those."

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I used to regularly open the door. Then there was the Bellflower stabbing. (Uber driver got stabbed while holding a door open at a bar pick up.) I stopped after that for my safety. My ratings went from 4.92 to 4.86, but I didn't care.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
As a Select driver, yes, I do open doors if I'm parked in a safe spot away from traffic, especially at the destination. Tired of having pax slam my doors as hard as they can.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If they seem elderly then sure. But wealthy on Uber x? Hell no.

I might do it if I was an SUV driver and people are paying for the special treatment.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
When
- If carrying packages, backpack, etc.. In BOTH hands, and think they will scratch my vehicle. Same for when they get out. I like paint on my car.*
- For elderly / injured PAX as needed. Not often.
- Young lady got dumped by A-hole by text. Opened door and told her to have a wonderful day.
- Pregnant, very very pregnant lady. Door and offered my hand.

Otherwise, never.

* Why can't normal people think to turn backpack backwards so zippers/metal [email protected]$# doesn't scratch car?

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Hell to the No!

I had a couple not too long ago, on X. Wait at the airport, 30 minutes or so. Pick them up, it's a short run, 4miles or so, To some fancy Palm Beach condo.

Doorman comes out, getshe the bags that I put on the side walk, husband turns his back on starts to walk away. I get back in and she's still in the back seat. I put it in drive, so she'd get the hint to hurry her ass up...

I get the A-HEM sound. I look at her, she looked at me then nodded towards the door. This princess expected me to get out and open the door. Again X...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hell to the No!

I had a couple not too long ago, on X. Wait at the airport, 30 minutes or so. Pick them up, it's a short run, 4miles or so, To some fancy Palm Beach condo.

Doorman comes out, getshe the bags that I put on the side walk, husband turns his back on starts to walk away. I get back in and she's still in the back seat. I put it in drive, so she'd get the hint to hurry her ass up...

I get the A-HEM sound. I look at her, she looked at me then nodded towards the door. This princess expected me to get out and open the door. Again X...
I would've driven off with her in tow.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I would've driven off with her in tow.
I told her for 1.00 a mile she doesn't get that kind of service and asked if she was coming with me to pick up the next person... she got out.

I got all 5s that week and the next. I was almost disappointed I didn't get a 1☆. Lol.

Was his account so I figured he got an ear full for not opening the door and then laid into him some more for what i dod beached or... and this is the scenario I choose to believe, She got out all pissed off beaching about me he knows how much of a pain in the ass she is and got som3 satisfaction in the way I treated her so he gave me 5...

I know it's a stretch, just let me have it..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.