Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just caught the end of LBC radio 2 days ago, Boris saying that TFL and Police are looking to prosecute Private Hire drivers basically parked up waiting for a job under the pretext that they are plying for hire, BE AWARE !!!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
What do they expect Private Hire drivers to do whilst waiting for a job?

Drive around in circles adding further to the congestion and pollution?

In the meantime, just don't wait in your car, get out and wait outside the car.

If you can park for free, go into a shop and look around, or have a cup of tea and wait for a ping there.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Easy way to get uber out of a crowd is by turning the rider app on, come on guys thats how the feds did the gatwick stings if you wanna call it that.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
And yes The Boris has lost the plot, 1st with his so called concerns about pollution and the zero emission zone, then by allowing thousands of new pco licenses (no offence but gotta make a living) but telling the public to use black cabs and this ply for bullcr#p so now there will be more cars going in circles as mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
5,264 Posts
i didn't hear the radio slot so don't know anything about it but i truly wouldn't worry. boris was banning rickshaws a few years back. he was also getting the queen to mention limiting PH licenses. he also thought nissan would be the future of taxis till he unwittingly ****ed them. he's a clueless oaf. as for TFL they have no funding or appetite for enforcement and very little knowledge on the law. they have allowed grey areas to obscure very simple legislation and given the burden of proof to those who they license. the politicians don't want to debate 'ply for hire' and are happy with the loose wording that stands. there are several mayoral candidates claiming to champion the black cab but only one who suggests relieving TFL of their duties. i've heard it all before and now find it very hard to get excited by lip service.

i'm bored of incompetence. i'm bored of cabbies moaning and i'm bored of the media's slow news days.

·
Registered
740 Posts
To be fair, a lot of people are getting peeved that Uber drivers are taking up the parking spaces in their roads. I'd be annoyed too if I kept having to drive around looking for somewhere to park near my house coz drivers waiting for pings were parked up. But it's just politician waffle, designed to get people to shut up just long enough until they find something else to moan about.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Here is something very wrong.
Plying for hire is illegal for ph drivers right? And if driver is empty and waiting in the car with app or xda ON to get next job is plying for hire that's mean all ph drivers in London are illegal at some point. Can someone please clarify?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Here is something very wrong.
Plying for hire is illegal for ph drivers right? And if driver is empty and waiting in the car with app or xda ON to get next job is plying for hire that's mean all ph drivers in London are illegal at some point. Can someone please clarify?
This is what the Black Cabbies are getting all het up about, and is so grey that TFL just threw it at the high court and said, 'you sort it out'.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts