Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Was wondering if you all could help me out answering a couple of questions...

1. Do only the cars listed on ubers plus list qualify for plus or are there others they will agree to? For example, a 2011 Ford Edge with leather.

2. If you do have a car that qualifies for plus can you turn only that on or do you have to have x on also? I feel like I read somewhere that working x is a requirement of plus.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1. You can request to drive something off the list, but I have no clue how often they approve these requests. Best bet if you are planning on buying a car for Uber use, you make sure it's on the list or pre-approved.

2. Yes, there are steps to do just that. And once you have the app set up for only Plus you can select to add UberX during Surge pricing and open that up as the opportunity presents itself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Uber can make any car they want an UBERPlus. IF you go to the "vehicle" tab on the website that lists the cars you see at the bottom that they can make exceptions to the cars. So if they make you an UBERPlus you also have to drive UBERX. Pay attention when you get a ping, it will tell you if it is for Plus or X.

pacman23, I cant find the options to select only UBERPlus. Can you post some instructions for that.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Been wondering about this since there is no plus in Riverside county.

So I take it that I have to reg as X in OC first. Then Plus. However it said that email address is taken, so I have to get another? Probably I good idea anyway.

But now what about the phone # ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've only been driving for a week or so. I had no idea about the other app. I get pings for Plus and X. where do I get the plus app? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Uber can make any car they want an UBERPlus. IF you go to the "vehicle" tab on the website that lists the cars you see at the bottom that they can make exceptions to the cars. So if they make you an UBERPlus you also have to drive UBERX. Pay attention when you get a ping, it will tell you if it is for Plus or X.

pacman23, I cant find the options to select only UBERPlus. Can you post some instructions for that.
Watch this video and it'll explain it.

Not very difficult and simply only do UberX when it is surging 2x or more and be happy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've only been driving for a week or so. I had no idea about the other app. I get pings for Plus and X. where do I get the plus app? Thanks for the info.
There is no "other app"......you need to learn to filter the clowns that are butthurt over their ability to earn money. Look at my post above and it explains how to easily set up the partner app to only Plus and when to do both UberX and Plus.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Watch this video and it'll explain it.

Not very difficult and simply only do UberX when it is surging 2x or more and be happy!
I have an XL and Plus vehicle registered with Uber and have already asked them to set those vehicles to take only XL and Plus calls, respectively. What I'm confused about re: the above is where is this option to toggle between ONLY XL or Plus and the X and XL or X and Plus calls. All I see in the partner app is the option to select vehicle and go online. What is missing? Do I need Uber to do something else to my app so I can see this toggle you and the RSG is referring to during surge periods?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an XL and Plus vehicle registered with Uber and have already asked them to set those vehicles to take only XL and Plus calls, respectively. What I'm confused about re: the above is where is this option to toggle between ONLY XL or Plus and the X and XL or X and Plus calls. All I see in the partner app is the option to select vehicle and go online. What is missing? Do I need Uber to do something else to my app so I can see this toggle you and the RSG is referring to during surge periods?
If you follow the directions in the video it instructs you to go to the link in the video notes section so you can contact your Uber office. You need to request for them to set up your partner app in this fashion.

I would post a link to the info you want but this forum rules are blocking me....I apparently need 1 more "like" to open up my ability to link. Hint, hint... :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
A bit more info for ya....

A very easy way to get this done is to go visit your local office. Orange County has a weekly meeting on Wednesday starting at 3PM where you can sit down with an Uber team member and they will answer any questions you have an help you get everything set up the way you want it. Very friendly group of people.

I was also contacted by their email support folks who were also on top of the issue and if I hadn't already gotten my account set up correctly in person, they were going to take care of it for me.

What they ended up doing was set up my normal login through the partner app with both UberX and UberPLUS. Then they clicked Add Another Vehicle and simply put my same vehicle in twice but the second one is set up for UberPLUS only. So, when it's not Surging on X, I simply log into UberPLUS.....when it's Surging 2x or more I can log out of PLUS only and log into X & PLUS.

·
Registered
562 Posts
A bit more info for ya....

A very easy way to get this done is to go visit your local office. Orange County has a weekly meeting on Wednesday starting at 3PM where you can sit down with an Uber team member and they will answer any questions you have an help you get everything set up the way you want it. Very friendly group of people.

I was also contacted by their email support folks who were also on top of the issue and if I hadn't already gotten my account set up correctly in person, they were going to take care of it for me.

What they ended up doing was set up my normal login through the partner app with both UberX and UberPLUS. Then they clicked Add Another Vehicle and simply put my same vehicle in twice but the second one is set up for UberPLUS only. So, when it's not Surging on X, I simply log into UberPLUS.....when it's Surging 2x or more I can log out of PLUS only and log into X & PLUS.
Gotcha! Very nicely said. Much appreciated how you laid that out. Didn't gather that level of detail from the RSG.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts