Uber Drivers Forum banner

Please Someone Make Fuberpooh understandable

974 views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  koyotemohn 
#1 ·
Sorry for this second post but I need to be clear on these rates
Now a fuber pooh costs 3.75 minimum but, if one picks up another rider and these two share a ride, do these riders pay less or do we still get payed minimum 3.75 per rider? If not what exactly is the incentive for accepting a fuber pooh? (besides the quest)

#2 ·
I ignore/avoid Poo rides but my understanding is the 2nd rider pays the same/regular PooPrice, but the driver only gets like $1 more dollar for the pickup (if even that?) plus whatever extra time/mileage the entire ride gets.
There is NO incentive for stuffing my car full of ungrateful, cheap, low-life pax that dont know each other and have no idea what the word “tip” even means.

#3 · (Edited)
I ignore/avoid Poo rides but my understanding is the 2nd rider pays the same/regular PooPrice, but the driver only gets like $1 more dollar for the pickup (if even that?) plus whatever extra time/mileage the entire ride gets.
There is NO incentive for stuffing my car full of ungrateful, cheap, low-life pax that dont know each other and have no idea what the word "tip" even means.
Wow very revealing. For now on no Winnie the Poo riders for me

#7 ·
The way poop works is that you pick up a person at a lower mileage rate (60 cents opposed 81 cents a mile) and that's how you're paid. It doesn't matter if you carry one person or 3, that's your rate. You usually get an extra dollar for riders 2 and 3 but if they were all going within a mile of each other you basically get 60 more cents for the 2 extra pax that you had.

It's only worth doing pool for quest, and only in high demand areas. Surge at 2.5x in DC is fine, it will pay ok and you'll move closer to your goal. Baserate pool in Manassas is a losing proposition no way around it.

#8 ·
The way poop works is that you pick up a person at a lower mileage rate (60 cents opposed 81 cents a mile) and that's how you're paid. It doesn't matter if you carry one person or 3, that's your rate. You usually get an extra dollar for riders 2 and 3 but if they were all going within a mile of each other you basically get 60 more cents for the 2 extra pax that you had.

It's only worth doing pool for quest, and only in high demand areas. Surge at 2.5x in DC is fine, it will pay ok and you'll move closer to your goal. Baserate pool in Manassas is a losing proposition no way around it.
What about the time and miles it takes to pickup riders 2 and 3?

#11 ·
Poop or x...I want +30 per ride and I want the quest bonus.

When people tell you not to do pool and then some of us start showing the receipts that don’t lie...

Remember the receipts.

Pool is advanced and you should not take the agreement lightly...don’t just jump into the deep end.

Also....You don’t have to do pool. Figure out how to tailor make your own quest.

I like it when the pax don’t necessarily know each other in my crowded car. I’m at 800 for the week so far...70 trips done.. Bout to be about that weekend rideshare life. 65 for 190...and I need the money.

But when the receipts come it has to look legit. I burn a healthy amount of online time saying ‘no thanks’ to several matchups.

#12 ·
I took an army major on a 1.3x pool from McLean Virginia . He didn’t tip but he wasn’t trash. He was just serving his country with 3 boys to feed. Who am I to judge him for being in the army for 16 years and choosing pool because it was more viable than an uberx ?

Same with the cop.

Same with the students.

Same with the lawyers and designers, programmers, artists, professionals who would all like to save a buck.

There are problematic pax...of which I have had many.

But this reflex assumption that all poop pax are trash is biased bewshit that will cause you to miss out on some juicy af receipts.

#21 ·
First you need a surge, then you need a pool...and then you need distance and a shuffle or two. The main thing is you need the surge to compensate for the idle time differential...and the pool to accept any and all requests to extend the journey. Works well in Virginia... lots of cheapskates want a ride home from Panera...and their attitude gives them a low rating...which causes a surge because they get shuffled or can't get a ride...once in the car they go home a short distance...as you pull up...another pax enters...this pax may be headed out....to somewhere more chic like u street...once that pax is in then you are set...upon entry into dc ...more people come on board...or get shuffled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.