Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I feel like Oliver. I am angry this evening. I received an UberX ping and the trip turned out to be 15.87 miles and about 28 minutes.

I was a little surprised when I saw my pay was only $12.19 for the run. Looked at the figures and my jaw dropped. My mileage rate was .5625 and my minute rate was .09. Just last week I took a pool passenger (I know, I know, I'm trying to quit) and received .68 a mile and .10 a minute.

What the crap?

On top of that, Uber took $11.44 from the PAX, a full 48% of the fare. (Or fare plus booking fee (????) plus service fee). I know - new terms and conditions - but they could've at least bought me dinner before they screwed me!

Then, BOHICA, I had to dead-mile back home.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,149 Posts
Remember, sports fans, higher prices and more money in Uber's pockets means fewer rides and lower earnings for you! Due to price elasticity of demand. So if any geekoids on here say it doesn't matter to them if Uber raises prices and doesn't share it, slap that person with a wet fish.

·
Premium Member
59,805 Posts
Yes, I feel like Oliver. I am angry this evening. I received an UberX ping and the trip turned out to be 15.87 miles and about 28 minutes.

I was a little surprised when I saw my pay was only $12.19 for the run. Looked at the figures and my jaw dropped. My mileage rate was .5625 and my minute rate was .09. Just last week I took a pool passenger (I know, I know, I'm trying to quit) and received .68 a mile and .10 a minute.

What the crap?

On top of that, Uber took $11.44 from the PAX, a full 48% of the fare. (Or fare plus booking fee (????) plus service fee). I know - new terms and conditions - but they could've at least bought me dinner before they screwed me!

Or played romantic music to mute the screaming.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I was set straight in another forum. It's the same as we have been earning, just post 25% deduction, not pre-25%.

This week's trip:
Base Fare: $.75
15.87 Miles at $.5625 $8.92
27.97 minutes at $.0900 $2.52

Total - --------------- $12.19

Old Method:
Base Fare $1.00
15.87 miles at $.75 $11.90
27.97 minutes at $.12 $ 3.36
Total ------------------------ $16.26

Minus 25% $ 4.07

Total $12.19

It still seems wrong somehow....

·
Premium Member
59,805 Posts
Ok, I was set straight in another forum. It's the same as we have been earning, just post 25% deduction, not pre-25%.

This week's trip:
Base Fare: $.75
15.87 Miles at $.5625 $8.92
27.97 minutes at $.0900 $2.52

Total - --------------- $12.19

Old Method:
Base Fare $1.00
15.87 miles at $.75 $11.90
27.97 minutes at $.12 $ 3.36
Total ------------------------ $16.26

Minus 25% $ 4.07

Total $12.19

It still seems wrong somehow....
People dont seem to reize how big a quarter out of every dollar is until they see quarters instwad of dollars stacked up on the table.
That 25% is LARGE.
LIKE TAXES.
MODERN MAN ONLY KEEPS 30 CENTS ON EVERY DOLLAR HE EARNS WITHOUT UBER.

Yet they always want MORE
WHILE CUTTING RATES.

Sales tax is 11 % here !
Before city tax
State tax
Federal tax.
They are pushing for 20 cents more a gallon GAS TAX here.

NO NEED TO TIP.

DROP DEAD UBER.
PAINFULLY

·
Registered
3,923 Posts

What the crap?

and then you quit?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the night. I set my DF back home and wasn't able to pick up any rides. It was late and I had to work in the morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts