Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was dropping of the paxs and suddenly one of them decided to get out from the back left door . As he openes the door on the left he hits the passing by car . My back door is ruined , the other drivers right mirror is gone and some scratches on the right side . Pax is fine , no bodily injuries and stuff . Have u been in this kind of situation? Emailed Uber about this accident , waiting for the answer . Hopefully their insurance will cover the damages .

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
So I was dropping of the paxs and suddenly one of them decided to get out from the back left door . As he openes the door on the left he hits the passing by car . My back door is ruined , the other drivers right mirror is gone and some scratches on the right side . Pax is fine , no bodily injuries and stuff . Have u been in this kind of situation? Emailed Uber about this accident , waiting for the answer . Hopefully their insurance will cover the damages .
It still has a thousand dollar deductible
I think you have to figure out who is at fault before any advice

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Well , the pax is obviously at fault by trying to get out from the left side of the car.
No I mean we're you dropping off in a red zone was the other driver doing something stupid, I would do a google search of the situation if you have not done so, forget about Uber, just who's at fault in that situation if there was no pax
If the other driver is at fault you just deal with their insurance and should be easy but maybe someone else on here has had this happen

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I never allow people to get out on left side unless I'm in Europe or Jamaica.
There are some people here who know all about insurance. Post in insurance section or search forum for this. Doesn't look good from what I've learned on here.

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Well , the pax is obviously at fault by trying to get out from the left side of the car.
I assume you drive LUX or at least thats what your profile says so uber ins is a no factor here
If you or your pax opens a door to upcoming traffic pretty much your at fault,now question is can you make uber charge some $$ to rider account .

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never allow people to get out on left side unless I'm in Europe or Jamaica.
There are some people here who know all about insurance. Post in insurance section or search forum for this. Doesn't look good from what I've learned on here.
I didn't expect him to be so stupid and get out from the left side . It happened just in one second .

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I drive Plus .
I assume you drive LUX or at least thats what your profile says so uber ins is a no factor here
If you or your pax opens a door to upcoming traffic pretty much your at fault,now question is can you make uber charge some $$ to rider accoun

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
No, I drive Plus .
I looked a little in most states it appears to be your fault, I hope you have a low deductible personal insurance and its looking like its going to be an expensive lesson, if you need a shop I can recommend a buddy of mine, either way I would just let the insurance companies deal with it you might get lucky but don't get your hopes up.
Uber deductible is $1000, you can find some sketchy shops that'll give you an "over-estimate" and so on but
Use at your own risk
Just letting you know
If the door is destroyed as you've stated it'll cost more than $1000
What make model

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I looked a little in most states it appears to be your fault, I hope you have a low deductible personal insurance and its looking like its going to be an expensive lesson, if you need a shop I can recommend a buddy of mine, either way I would just let the insurance companies deal with it you might get lucky but don't get your hopes up.
Uber deductible is $1000, you can find some sketchy shops that'll give you an "over-estimate" and so on but
Use at your own risk
Just letting you know
If the door is destroyed as you've stated it'll cost more than $1000
What make model
It's gonna be definitely more then $1000 for sure . It's Lexus GS .

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Expect the unexpected

Your passenger, your responsibility. Not going to like what you are about to read. But your liable for the damage to the other car.

Let us know how it goes. But your going to have to pay the first $1k for your car.

Interested to see how this plays out with the other car.

GS too nice of a car for plus

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
One good feature on my suv - the first time you try to open the door it doesn't open - it takes another pull and by that time I have warned the pax to get out on the right side.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Figure out how you want to proceed, hopefully you can have your car back the way it was soon,
Check your deductible
I always make sure my deductible is like $100 max cz I'm a brokeass ***** lol
Forget Uber and deal with it as you see fit
Or the other option
Good luck
Let me know if you need that shop

1 - 20 of 56 Posts