I understand that this doesn't work for a full-time UBER driver, or even for other Mississauga/Suburban part timers, but my system is ridiculously simple, and I'm only doing LYFT - I could make far more if I installed the UBER app and did both:Thing is, that's what I do to make the most money. I play taxi. It sounds strange but when I see 10 taxi cabs lined up at 44 gerrard st east at 3:45am I have no choice but to park with them. Taxi knows the game way more than the casual uber driver. Follow the taxi and you shall make dolo is my motto.
- Drive after 10pm. (mostly on weekends.)
- Read book on Patio while EV is charging until first ping.
- Drive Pax to their destination.
- Start driving back to my house. (No surge chasing.)
- Answer any pings along the way. (I only put the car in destination mode when I'm about to turn the APP off for the night.)
- I do more than OK doing this.
- I do not gross $1/km (which is an interesting metric many drivers use when playing taxi downtown.)
- I do gross about $0.60/km due to extra kms in the suburbs and always 'driving home' (not in destination mode.)
- I do net about $0.60/km (due to ~$0.01/km fuel costs on EV.)