Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you guys know this is just an inscentive for you to drive more right? the less you drive, the "higher" status you have.

I haven't driven in 2 months, and from the first day, they keep on saying I am platinum status. I was like hell why not, lets make some 2x money. Drove for one week, got a lot of 5 star ratings, with good comments showed up on my feedback. my average ratings increased, and now all of a sudden I went down to "Silver" status.

Seems like if I don't drive, they give me platinum status to encourage me to drive, the more I drive, the less incentive I will get.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I think they have you platinum, like me, to get you to drive. Once you drive you need to keep up with the required amount of rides to maintain each status. Would have been nice to known this before I did my driving on a Saturday , if I would have known I would have waited and done a whole week of driving

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's not amount of rides. i had 0 rides for 2 months, and maintained a platinum status. I drove last week and had over 30 rides, i got reduced down to silver.

it's an "incentive" program to get you to drive more, not an rewards program

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Your missing what I am saying . The more you drive the higher the boost status level you are. If you don't drive for a while (like me) they will offer you platinum to get you driving again. As soon as you drive you then determine your status by how much you drive. It's like 1 free platinum status to use to get you back

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
My problem is I never know from week to week when and how much I can drive. So if I have time this week and drive for bronze to get platinum and next week I can't drive much I can't take advantage of th platinum status that I worked hard to get. This is just my personal situation. But I did so well on my first night back Saturday I'm very tempted to work for platinum and make the money while uber is giving it out since I would never drive for regular rates. I feel that at some point they will start lowering the boost incentives and/or raising the requirements. I also feel uber pool is such a money maker for uber that they could continue these incentives for a while to make sure enough drivers do pool rides

·
Premium Member
5,473 Posts
I did well for 3 quick trips after the baseball game, all surges that were well above 1.2x boost. Immediately pinged, each passenger was friendly and prompt. One dude was 4.4-rating but I picked him up because it was good surge and I didn't think deserved low rating. Maybe he was sober in my car this time.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
you guys know this is just an inscentive for you to drive more right? the less you drive, the "higher" status you have.

I haven't driven in 2 months, and from the first day, they keep on saying I am platinum status. I was like hell why not, lets make some 2x money. Drove for one week, got a lot of 5 star ratings, with good comments showed up on my feedback. my average ratings increased, and now all of a sudden I went down to "Silver" status.

Seems like if I don't drive, they give me platinum status to encourage me to drive, the more I drive, the less incentive I will get.
Yeah I believe platinum is 75 rides in a week. You barely got silver with 30. Uber dangled the carrot in front of you and you took it.

·
Premium Member
23,983 Posts

You do realize the definition of incentive is 'a payment to stimulate greater output.' Uber wants people driving, decreasing surge and picking up Pool.

Uber's plan is working; they got the behavior they wanted from me. I've been at least Gold Boost since inception; last week & this week been Platinum Boost. It's been worth it to me. I drive more and am one of the few people on here that picks Pool rides up.

If you had done the right number of rides in the correct timeframe you would've qualified for Gold or Platinum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts