Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just started driving. I spent my first night posted up at the airport. Me and 2 other drivers camped the area all night. I got two passengers being parked purposely further away than the other two driver.

How is passenger distribution factored within the application?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Closest driver to the place the ping is originated from gets the call.
As far as I understand it, this is true. You can still get pinged if another car appears closer should he/she let the ping expire, it would bounce out to the next closest car. Perhaps those closer cars were holding out for rides from a nearby zone that was surging at the time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I watched a video and they mentioned airports operate under different rules. First in, first out policy. Makes sense. Can anyone else confirm?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I watched a video and they mentioned airports operate under different rules. First in, first out policy. Makes sense. Can anyone else confirm?
Provided the airport and Uber have made a partnership, yes, the "FIFO" (First In, First Out) rule applies to Uber drivers that stay within a designated zone (sometimes the airport grounds, sometimes a specific terminal/staging area, sometimes a few blocks' radius around the airport, etc. - there is usually a map of the FIFO zone somewhere in your e-mail).

If you're (1) not legally supposed to pick up at the airport or (2) it's okay to pick-up at the airport, but no FIFO agreement was made with Uber, then it would revert to the traditional closest driver gets the ping that you're used to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts