Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an order yesterday and needed to get a pin number from customer to complete delivery. Is this new?

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Got an order yesterday and needed to get a pin number from customer to complete delivery. Is this new?
It's not new but it is rarely used. Could either be a customer with a history of claiming they didn't receive their food or it could be a requirement of a restaurant who thinks they are saving the planet from unscrupulous drivers. In 2019 Applebees did this for a short time. Same thing on DD when a signature is required.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not new but it is rarely used. Could either be a customer with a history of claiming they didn't receive their food or it could be a requirement of a restaurant who thinks they are saving the planet from unscrupulous drivers. In 2019 Applebees did this for a short time. Same thing on DD when a signature is required.
It was a Applebees order. Customer seemed like a winner so they must have been the reason a pin was required.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I usually get 2 or 3 a week, nothing different stands out about each client required to give a PIN. The first one I had, I didn't realize a PIN was required and I had to go back, climb 3 flights of stairs and wait a few minutes for client to return to the door. He seemed puzzled about why the PIN was required.

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
It's annoying, but rare. Also, not new.

I had a few when I was still driving pax, as well.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I had one a few months. I wasn't expecting it and so gave the customer the food and started to leave. Had to call her to get the code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I usually get 2 or 3 a week, nothing different stands out about each client required to give a PIN. The first one I had, I didn't realize a PIN was required and I had to go back, climb 3 flights of stairs and wait a few minutes for client to return to the door. He seemed puzzled about why the PIN was required.
. You can bypass the PIN

1 - 13 of 13 Posts