Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Major props and Surge Jedi badges all around to the LAX Mafia over at the Pen tonight..

Rolled up to the Jenny lot a little after 7pm with 3 cars in the queue at a 2.2x surge, immediately after dropping someone off at the Marriot..

First request came in as soon as I went online, didn't even have time to park as the Ping came in right away and picked up a quick $45 ride to Monterey Park who even tipped me $10..

Based on PAX feedback, I knew exactly what was going down.. said his first request at 1.2 failed with no matches in the area, even though the Pen was loaded up with cars.. the second request went up to 1.6x but canceled on him, and then finally my request at 2.2x!

In any event, hope some of you Don's fished a few unicorns out of it, and made some coin.. Goes to show when the ants are home feeling sorry for themselves and the masters are at work, then things start coming together!

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Those people are so stupid. Who is accepting and canceling rides there? Not a ounce of sense and those are the fools Uber let's give them a terrible reputation. Outside of the corporate office that is. The pax that you unwittingly victimized will hopefully get his money back from Uber but it's still no excuse.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With that said, PAX did think Uber rides were too cheap these days (compared to other markets he travels to) and that he doesn't like that there isn't a tip option cause he doesn't always carry cash and thought drivers deserved a little extra for all the expenses he knows they have to cover themselves!

The point of this thread was really just about Surge manipulation and drivers sticking together so they get the fares they deserve in order to balance things out and make driving for Uber worth while..

Obviously everyone at the Pen was on the same page last night when the lots full and there's only 3 people in the queue.. Surge sky rocketed to 2.5x multiple times during peak hours which has been a long time coming.. I'll take 2.2x any day cause I've never successfully picked-up a Surge like that at LAX..

Rectangle Font Line Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Those people are so stupid. Who is accepting and canceling rides there? Not a ounce of sense and those are the fools Uber let's give them a terrible reputation. Outside of the corporate office that is. The pax that you unwittingly victimized will hopefully get his money back from Uber but it's still no excuse.
You truely have a split personalty Duck.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Cancels in each direction are part of the formula

With that said, PAX did think Uber rides were too cheap these days (compared to other markets he travels to) and that he doesn't like that there isn't a tip option cause he doesn't always carry cash and thought drivers deserved a little extra for all the expenses he knows they have to cover themselves!

The point of this thread was really just about Surge manipulation and drivers sticking together so they get the fares they deserve in order to balance things out and make driving for Uber worth while..

Obviously everyone at the Pen was on the same page last night when the lots full and there's only 3 people in the queue.. Surge sky rocketed to 2.5x multiple times during peak hours which has been a long time coming.. I'll take 2.2x any day cause I've never successfully picked-up a Surge like that at LAX..

View attachment 100517
Dude it's just 2.2....way better than 1.0, sure, and even potentially useful if you catch it right after dropping off and it gets you a paid relocation to somewhere you can work with and/or close to home

But....still just 2.2x.

Hold the fireworks. Without the tip, it wouldn't even have been particularly worthwhile, and X can't build strategy around tips, cuz Travis was trying to build a wannabe-SkyNet design with temporary human standins ---- NOT a realtime jobs board / meter / Navi hybrid for the International Freelance Driver Guild

ALSO... there's no such thing as a quick ride to Monterey Park... especially from the terminal

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Not sure what you mean by "just 2.2x".. it took less than 40 minutes for a $55 ride which includes tip that would otherwise pay $27.34 at base..

Doesnt take a math major to figure out that a 2.2x ride like this works out to $70 an hour

Light Font Line Map Screenshot

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "just 2.2x".. it took less than 40 minutes for a $55 ride which includes tip that would otherwise pay $27.34 at base..

Doesnt take a math major to figure out that a 2.2x ride like this works out to $70 an hour

View attachment 100567
Uhm NO.

It took the *pax* 39 mins in your car to pay Fuber $60 and tip you 10.

You...you went to or ended up at LAX. Went to pick up in horseshoe, which always takes a significant amount of time, and has THE highest citation fender bender and non-collision miscellaneous damage probability ANYWHERE.

Then you drove.

Then you ended up in Monterey park....which depending on time of day mightve been AWESOME, except....it wasn't 5 am was it?

Was your next ride at decent surge immediate and profitable?

OR....was there something real awesome brewing on the other side of the county that you were totally out of position for???

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imagine that! A duck with compassion!

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts
Major props and Surge Jedi badges all around to the LAX Mafia over at the Pen tonight..

Rolled up to the Jenny lot a little after 7pm with 3 cars in the queue at a 2.2x surge, immediately after dropping someone off at the Marriot..

First request came in as soon as I went online, didn't even have time to park as the Ping came in right away and picked up a quick $45 ride to Monterey Park who even tipped me $10..

Based on PAX feedback, I knew exactly what was going down.. said his first request at 1.2 failed with no matches in the area, even though the Pen was loaded up with cars.. the second request went up to 1.6x but canceled on him, and then finally my request at 2.2x!

In any event, hope some of you Don's fished a few unicorns out of it, and made some coin.. Goes to show when the ants are home feeling sorry for themselves and the masters are at work, then things start coming together!
I thought they had cops patrolling the pen giving out tickets to those in there not online?

Still, props to a group effort

Uhm NO.

It took the *pax* 39 mins in your car to pay Fuber $60 and tip you 10.

You...you went to or ended up at LAX. Went to pick up in horseshoe, which always takes a significant amount of time, and has THE highest citation fender bender and non-collision miscellaneous damage probability ANYWHERE.

Then you drove.

Then you ended up in Monterey park....which depending on time of day mightve been AWESOME, except....it wasn't 5 am was it?

Was your next ride at decent surge immediate and profitable?

OR....was there something real awesome brewing on the other side of the county that you were totally out of position for???
Why hate bro? You can always deadmile to DTLA in 20 min if there are no rides in MP. Chill!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts