Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of all the possible pick up drop off locations, I hate the hills most of all. You can cancel out a pickup there if you are in the hollywood area, but if it's a destination it's not really an option unless you want to tell some dude to get out of your car.

Fine. But those people that live in the modern day labyrinth ought to be forced to pay more. A 2 dollar surcharge, and a base rate of .25 per mile higher than normal to account for added strain on a car riding up hills and additional fuel use.

I'll file this under unicorn level improvements for drivers that won't ever happen.

EDIT:

Now that I think about it, they ought to add a surcharge to any rider that gets dropped off or picked up from a grocery store too. Those are ALWAYS freakishly short rides that pay nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I enjoy picking up and dropping off in the hills, but then again my car is sort of a sports car. It's a lot of fun for me, but yeah I'm probably losing a bit of cash driving down Mulholland at breakneck speed to go pick someone up. I drive sanely with a pax in the car, but I'll drive my ST how it was meant to be driven on my way there. :-D

·
Registered
544 Posts
The hills should be at 1.8x surge all the time. Matter of fact there should be a geo fence like LAX with the Surge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts